Sunday, May 27, 2012

Hobo Quilt and Farmer's Wife Reveal for May


Another whirlwind day and today is just as bad so I will only give you part of the show n tell from yesterday.

Here is the Hobo Quilt.................


Liz's blocks for Hobo Quilt. And all have the name embroidered in the sashing. Just love that!!!!!!


Then we moved onto Farmer's Wife.................


Barb

Lynn (love the coral - of course!)

Donna



While a couple other people were there, they didn't have blocks done. They are also doing Dear Jane so you can understand why they are running into a time crunch.


And that is all you get for today. I have a date with my bike and meeting up with Anna so can't be late. Let's hope we dodge the rain. Speaking of biking - the percentage of people who do sports AND quilt doesn't seem to be that large. But the other day when talking to a quilter, she thanked me for volunteering at the Toronto Good life Marathon. Turns out she is a runner - a MARATHON runner no less. She ran that marathon and that was her second one. OK - so while most of you think that riding 100 MILES on a bike is a stupid idea and how does one do that? Well - that is what a marathon is like for me - I just can't imagine running 42 KM. My body - both internal and external - just DOES NOT like running. And I like going faster on the bike anyway!!!!!!    

The bottom line - there are so many interesting ORDINARY people out there. I wish I could get to know more about guild members, students, peers - they are an interesting lot to say the least!!!!!    Not everyone is as vocal about it as me - but this blog has been a LIFE SAVER for me. It has made me accountable to MYSELF and since it is in a public forum - well I would feel guilty if I wrote about something and then never came through!!!!!!


Well that is it for me - off to suit up in Lycra and Spandex.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment