Friday, May 4, 2012

INSPIRATION!


My brain is about to EXPLODE!!!!!!!


Marian, Flo and I went to Ailsa Craig to see the Quilts of DENMARK. What can I say - they totally blew me away - the quilts that is - not Marian and Flo. I took TONS of pictures and I came home with ideas and inspiration SPILLING out of my brain.

Quilts of Denmark - the show runs from May 1 -5 - you MUST go if you can.


Flo - stitching binding on in the car. EVERY TIME Flo travels with me - she is sewing binding. 


Quilts of Denmark

I don't have time to post any pictures, but there were WORDS on so many of the quilts. I was in HEAVEN.   The show was INSPIRING, it was FABULOUS, it was a MUST SEE show.


I have a project that I want to work on (FOR ME) and I got a brilliant idea (well I think it is) from the show. Didn't copy anything, but inspired by lots. So yesterday morning, I was digging through my stash to find what I was looking for and then BINGO - the last couple of elements fell into place. I've got it all loosely sketched out and ready to cut today. WAIT - that means a new project. HEY - I think I am entitled - I have been very good all year.


Plus I have been keeping my quilting diary - what I have accomplished this year. If I keep up this pace - I will exceed all expectations of what I could accomplish in the year. I am very pleased with my progress - just wish I had more days to sew.


Yesterday I got another customer quilt done. Yeah - it was a BIG one so I was happy to take it off the machine.



Customer quilt

And I hope to NOT see any more of Night and Day by Eleanor Burns for a while!!!!!



Yes  - I got a LOT of thinking done while quilting this quilt yesterday and that helped to solidify some of the points of my project.
.

Then off to the Mississauga Guild last night to hear a talk on INSPIRATION. WOW - some of the pieces that Sandra Reford showed us were COMPLETELY different when you looked at them up close. That blew me away. And gets the wheels running yet AGAIN.

It is going to be time soon to set aside so many of the class stuff and have some time for WHAT I WANT to do. But then I want to do it ALL so I will still have issues!!!!!!

Anyway - my BRAIN is in overdrive right now.

Here is my biggest issue - I am GREAT at coming up with ideas - I am NOT so good at executing them. Or getting the time to complete them for the deadline. That will be a good challenge for me - get something done ON TIME.


Got to run - a "FREE" sewing day while someone uses the long arm. I have so many things that need to be sewn - I'm not sure where to start.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just came across this post. I am so glad you were inspired by my work! I have been invited back to the Mississauga guild in November. That talk will be "Going Beyond the Hobby Quilter" and I will have a whole bunch of other quilts to show you!

    ReplyDelete