Thursday, November 29, 2012

A BIG ball of ....................


Yikes - the old me would have got nothing done - the new me - well the more I get done, the more I want to get done. The feeling of completing a task (doesn't even have to be completing a project) is FABULOUS and as I said - the more I get done, the more I want to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And I am feeling RELAXED!!!!!

Let's have a look at what happened yesterday.....................

First I taught my class which didn't take too long and was close to home.

Back home and off to the quilting machine..............

Got this community project quilt done 
Got the binding made and it is sewn on - someone else's job to hand stitch it down!!!!
Also quilted this one several days ago, but I don't think I posted the picture
Got the binding (which was already made) stitched on and yes - someone else will do the hand stitching for me!!!

Then it was off to Ruti's Needlebed to get some lessons in knitting!!!!!!!!!!   I know - knitting!!!!!!  As if I do not have enough to do without getting back into knitting!!!!!!!!!!!    They were most helpful even if they did laugh at my "vintage" knitting needles. Hey - a knitting needle doesn't go bad!!!!   And yes - there were some new ones that I had purchased from them mixed in the box. NOTE TO SELF: - got to get that knitting needle organizer made. I have the fabric so that may be a holiday project.  In the meantime, I got the information I needed and I picked up a ball (OK - more than one), but here is a gorgeous yarn and I am going to make a fabulous project from it. Can't tell you at this time.....................


A BIG ball of yarn

Then I got busy with my rug.



I cut the red strips


That black and white strip was hard on the eyes as |I cut it!!!!!!


But I got all the black/white strips cut


All the strips - CUT
Then I sewed them all together - alternating one red with one black/white (end to end of course). I wanted to quit - I was getting tired, but I soldiered on and completed it last night. 


This morning, I started to run the strips through the bias tape maker and so far.................

Here is my BIG ball of `yarn``
I have a feeling that it is going to get MUCH bigger................


I still have all this to make into bias strips!!!!!
Had to zip to the grocery store this AM - no milk for breakfast and I stocked up on distilled water for the iron. This should last a couple of months??????


Distilled water - at the ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got all 24 log cabin blocks done for the Stonehenge quilt!!!!!!
 Speaking of Stonehenge - for those people in the class here is the fabric  layout for the first round. Hope this helps................

The FIRST letter is the FABRIC as per the cutting diagram - the letter in parenthesis is the size of strips (as per the cutting diagram). You will make TWELVE using fabric L (the light fabric)









Same thing here - except note that the light is now fabric F. You will also make twelve of these. It is just easier to make twelve of each rather than 11 of one and 12 of the other.



Do you want to see what kind of mess I am in and what I have to get cleaned up before the end of the year?????   Well in an ideal world - I would get it all done and so far so good...........


This is the "to be quilted" pile. There are THREE quilts missing from here - two because I have to make them and the third one is partially quilted and it didn't make it back on this pile

And this table is the "to be done" everything else table. Already got rid of a few things - those quilts in the front are waiting to be delivered since I now have the binding on them. 


Will be easy to monitor the progress. The plan is NO DEVIATIONS - start a project and get it done!!!!!!   I ALMOST started to rearrange that 2012 shelf yesterday. There are some things on the table that for ongoing classes and once I am done with them for this year, they will need to go on the shelf as part of an ongoing class for next year. ACK!!!!!!    Not yet - not yet!!!!!!!   But soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Had a sit n sew on the weekend and this is what the girls worked on..................

Pat brought these Christmas tree napkins for me to see (she had them all done)

She made four reversible placemats
Pat also made this little tea holder - here  it is closed

And here it is open - there are 6 little pouches for gift cards, tea or whatever you choose to put in there. Cute!!!!
Pat also finished the borders on her HIGH STRUNG!!!!!!    Hey - another one gets complete. Some day, mine will be too!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Connie (a total newbie) brought over some blue fabric. What to do with them??????   We made her cut Hopscotch quilt from The Quilt Patch and this is what she got done. AWESOME job Connie. I have wanted to make this quilt in a monochromatic colour scheme and I think it looks awesome. Got to dig out some fabric (well during the holidays!!!!)


 On that note - the next quilt is laying on the quilting machine waiting to be loaded. No time yesterday as you can tell.

Oh and did you notice the NEW BUTTON at the top right??????    EASY STREET - directly links you to Bonnie's mystery quilt.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment