Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Oh boy - I was away and didn't tell you!


I must apologize. I really really really was going to post while I was away and it just didn't happen. I cleared a couple of days and went to a quilting retreat. OK - I knew about it months ago and just didn't say anything. But I am BACK!!!!   I have so many pictures to post, but no time this morning. This morning was one of those days - clean up the kitchen, take out the garbage, fix the toilet, blah blah blah and well - I am running out of time. I've got work to get done today. Sure makes you appreciate those days away when you don't have anything to do (well almost anything) except sewing!!!!!

However - M had texted (we discussed this topic yesterday - is texted really a word???? - and the answer is YES because text is now a VERB as well as a NOUN. Kind of scary how things are changing.


text/tekst/

Noun:
A book or other written or printed work, regarded in terms of its content rather than its physical form.
Verb:
Send a text message to (someone)


.




OK - so M texted me that her BUSINESS CARDS were in. I know - who knew that a sixteen year old needed business cards, but in her business - they are kind of neat to have. So we thought we would pick them up after school. Fabricland just happened to be on the way there so we made a quick stop ONLY because they were having a SUPER sale.



I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabric and I ended up getting enough for a backing. It is a Christmas print. OK - so I still buy a few things willy nilly - but not too much. 


Crystals were also on sale so I got a couple of packs for a project that I would like to do. 

And M picked up this pattern that she has been coveting for a while. She wants to make the long dress for  graduation. Oh boy - the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree at our house, but I won't tell her that!!!!!    I made my graduation dress, but it sure didn't look like this one. 

We got RED sateen for the dress and we also got the lining. I told her she better check in with her grandmother (who is a seamstress - not my mother) to help with the fit of the dress. And I told her she needs to get in the studio and SEW SEW SEW so that she can get some of the techniques (especially finishing down pat BEFORE she attempts this)



BUT she also brought home this little gem.  I told you the apple didn't fall far from the tree. She spent a bit of time in the school library and found this.....................



Threads magazine - the first 25 years.......................

MY collection of Threads magazine - the first 25 years. (actually - I don't think this is all of them - but it might be). Well let's just say that I "accidentally" put that DVD in my computer to see what it was all about and oh boy - it downloaded. How nice to be able to SEARCH those issues on the computer instead of by hand, but by hand also has its benefits.

After all the effort I went through to browse these magazines and photocopy a few articles when I was at Sheridan in 2000 and then the effort and money I went through to actually accumulate 25 years of these magazines, I am NOT getting rid of the hard copies. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Threads magazine. While it covers a lot of fashion, there are some very cool inspirations in it. They are keepers even if I now have them electronically as well.

 She is building up a nice relationship with her fashion teacher who I can tell really really wants to do more and I feel her (the teacher) talents are lost in the high school.

Anyway back to the business cards - M ordered them online, but did NOT get them sent to the right store. A different store and I had no time to get her there. She had yet ANOTHER audition downtown so she took the train down and DH picked her up and got her to the audition and on the way home, they stopped to get the cards. Oh yes - she got the job on the spot. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!


M's business cards (see - she really does have a real name!!!)




Anyway - I don't have time to give you details about the retreat, or the exchanges or any of the other things that happened while I was away - you will have to come back for that. 



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment