Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Easy Street update


Checked out Bonnie Hunter's blog this morning. She has set up a blog LINKY where we can post pictures of our progress on her new mystery - Easy Street. OH MY GOD - there are currently 164 links of people who are working on or have completed (many have completed) their first assignment. So the purpose of this posting is to post my status so I can link it to her blog LINKY. (Is that even a term or did she make that up?????)

Anyway - here goes....................


Where I am currently - I have all the twosies sewn together and just need to make four patches of these. 

I used ONE white and four greys!!!!!!!!   Not very scrappy, but I'm OK with that. The grey came from the stash and I am glad to have found a home for it. I do NOT like it, but now that it is cut up - I can live with it.



I had to laugh on the weekend when Jeanette came up to me with a clear plastic bag. I see Lowe's paint chips and I see blues and greens. YEP - Jeanette is doing Bonnie Hunter as well.


Jeanette is collecting for Bonnie Hunter mystery


So if you see a quilter walking around with Lowe's paint chips - there is a good chance that they are working on Easy Street!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I do hope to get the four patches sewn this week - let's see how it goes.

The good news is that I had a peek at my calendar for the rest of the year and this is what I see................



One fun sew day with friends
Two guild meetings
Three Monday Motivators
Five (short) quilt classes
and ONE Christmas lunch



Can you believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!    That is a LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT schedule and I am excited. That means that I should be able to get to this.......


THIS is my `to do`before the end of the year............

And yes it spreads across FOUR tables, but NOTHING is stacked. It is all laid out nicely - each project in its own pile. Some of these are for those upcoming classes.


A quick count of quilts (not my quilts) that are waiting to be quilted) - about 25 - do you think I can get them done in time?????    Most do not need to be done before Christmas, but I want them out of the house by December 31. I am really really trying to clean up loose ends before the end of the year.

I am DYING to get to that 2012 shelf. Soon it will become the 2013 shelf and I want to get it organized. I am already organizing it in my head, but NO - I am going to wait. At least until I have a few more things cleared up.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






2 comments:

  1. Nice looking 4-patches. Those paint colour cards are excellent for matching fabrics aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what everyone has pulled out for the background and their choice for constant! Thank you for sharing yours, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete