Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Baby - it's cold outside!!!!!!!!


OK - not that cold. It was only minus 2 this morning, BUT cold enough that the outdoor taps should be shut off and drained and the hot tub should be filled. Of course NONE of this was done. And isn't it funny how one thing leads to another. I was supposed to cut down the last dead cedar BEFORE I filled the hot tub and of course, had to fill the hot tub before I could shut the water off.

Now the last couple of weeks have been a bit crazy so I didn't have a chance and I guess I was hoping that Berke was going to do it, but he did not. So there I was last night - cutting down the cedar (in the semi-dark) and trying to clean the leaves out of the hot tub (using my flashlight AND a fish net) and off the inside of the lid (which had blown open last week with Sandy) and so there were leaves inside the tub. And trying to fill it - well that was the easy part. While I was waiting, I got the leaves swept off the deck. Actually it was a nice night - not too cold. I was just fine.

I hope to get time today or tomorrow to finish the job, but I really needed to get the water circulating in that tub since it had NOT been shut down properly for the cold weather and the tap NEEDED to be shut off and drained or we would have a huge mess. Ah - my winter gardening is done!  If only it were that easy!!!!!   Hmmm - living in a condo seems like a great idea!!!!!!!!!!    But I need a BIG condo.

I am reading a book on stuff about social media, how to save book marks, blogs, and all sorts of other stuff. Well I learned that you can "rent" programs so they are residing on servers, not on your laptop which would be a neat idea. Got to find out more about that. And saving "bookmarks" on servers so if your laptop/hard disk dies - you don't have to worry about getting them back.

In light of that - something very weird happened when I opened Photoshop Elements this morning. I have the latest - well Version 10. And I own the software - well my copy and it sits on my laptop. When I opened it up - on the opening page screen - I got an AD (an interactive ad) for the newest version - Version 11.  How the heck do they do that?????   I guess there must be links/cookies or whatever they are called, that Adobe can feed back into my computer when they have something interesting for me. Of course that could come from the Adobe updates that happen all the time.

Hmmmmmm - well - some people would be upset at that - but I don't care if "someone" knows what I am doing. Heck - I blog about stuff and it's all public.


Anyway - back to quilting. Here are some of the projects the girls were working on at Monday Motivators.


Close up of Judy's rick rack that she HAND stitched down with two different colours of embroidery floss - Love it Judy!!!!!

The whole top of High Strung

Diane with applique on her Hopscotch pattern

Joyce with her pumpkins - ready to stitch



Hey  - WAIT A MINUTE - all of these patterns are from The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw. I love their stuff - OK - you all know that. Anyway - they are all cute cute cute.


Speaking of cold - just had to replace the batteries in our programmable thermostat. Hmmmmm - I noticed the temperature was a bit off a couple of days ago and I saw the BATTERY LOW sign. But of course, I didn't do anything about it then. So now that the batteries were completely dead, the thermostat wasn't even working. Hey - I thought these things worked on the house current????   Oh well - what do I know. Anyway - now I have to reprogram the heating schedule in there.

And me - what have I been doing????   Well - I am busting my little buns working on exchange blocks. Let's just say that I was behind. Yep - there were a total of NINE people in the exchange. We were supposed to make a large block and several small blocks for each person. I have almost half of the projects here - and slogging through them. But can't show you any pictures. And the question is - will I be done or not by the time we do our show n tell on Saturday??????    Not saying more than that.

It is great to have friends with diverse interests. Not only can I get tips on knitting - when I get to knitting those socks - thanks to Anita for offers of help, but I am going to be a photographer's assistant tonight. Yep - I need to learn how to get decent photos indoors. Of course M got ANOTHER job - she hasn't got a single rejection yet which I am MAD about. I don't think this is reality. Anyway - I am off to take her to a fitting today and then when the fashion show happens in a week - I am going to be ready. Thanks Mark - for making that happen. I'm excited - always fun to learn new things. And I NEED to learn how to use my camera beyond point and shoot. It is a pretty expensive point and shoot!!!!!


On that note - I have to get back to work - no - I have to get my day organized because I have a crazy amount of running around and I need to get addresses and such in place so I don't get lost.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment