Friday, November 16, 2012

I love a mystery!!!!


I love puzzles, I love mysteries!!!   I have made numerous mystery quilts over the years. Finished one at the retreat which I will show you another day.

Today - I want to talk about Easy Street. This is Bonnie Hunter's new mystery that starts NEXT WEEK. Oh boy - when I look at my calendar - I know I should NOT even be thinking of starting this quilt. I really have to get myself organized. NO - I know what the problem is.........


I have a custom quilt on the machine and for some reason, my brain HATES doing custom quilts. Well HATE is such a strong word, but this week has been FILLED with interruptions and for some reason, I am easy to distract when I have a custom quilt on the machine. Between driving people to appointments - M to the driver's test (which consumed an entire afternoon and then who can get back into the swing of things after that disruption and DH needed to go for a "procedure" at the hospital yesterday and then was STARVING when I picked him up so we all went out to dinner and then who can get back into the swing of things after dinner - well you see what I mean and the PHONE - OH BOY - it did NOT stop ringing yesterday).

Now - I am BEHIND. Well - have to suck it up today and just stay at the machine. But no - I've already been to the gym, Kaylee has come for a visit and I've dropped M at the GO train as she is downtown all day with various appointments, fittings and shows. Yikes - what I wouldn't give for a couple of days of solitude. Peace and quiet - no people - and no commitments.


But I digress - back to Bonnie's mystery. It is called Easy Street. She posted the colours that she is doing the quilt in and used Valspar paint chips as the colours. I popped into Lowe's the other day (only because I was in the neighbourhood) to get the paint chips. And also I was curious to see if there was a run on those colours - apparently in the US, some Lowe's stores have run out of those chips!!!!   That is too funny.

Here are the paint chips. She is also using white with black. 


I am NOT convinced that I like these colours. Whoa!!!  I mean - I love purple and green and blue and look at this pet mat that Marian gave me the other day ..............


A trendy pet mat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

|And I found these tissue papers in the garage........



So while I LOVE LOVE LOVE the purple/green/blue combination, I am not sure about the gray and I am not sure about the white with black. I will have to lay it out and see what it looks like. I am thinking I will add a different colour, but what????   That gray really throws me - I could manage the white with black, but the gray?????   Looks a bit too dead for me.


But here is the funny thing - people are making comments on her blog - "I don't like purple so I am not going to make this quilt." "I don't want to use trendy colours". Good grief - could they not change the colours? - people are so LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well I did manage to get the backing and binding done for that Christmas quilt. It is now in the "to be quilted" pile. Yeah


Another binding/backing and border DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Well - it is almost 10 AM. I am behind and I MUST get moving. No reading and slacking off today. I MUST MUST MUST get something productive done.


OH - and for those TIM HORTON lovers out there - have a peek at this - it is pretty cute. I so WANT to be in one at some point.

Flash mob hits TIMS


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

1 comment:

  1. I'm planning to do Bonnie's mystery also. I'm using her colors because I can. I figure if I don't like the end result, it can be a donation quilt. As for the people who don't want to make it because they don't like her color choices, I don't think they're lazy, necessarily. Some people simply can't envision different colors for a project that someone else has designed. That's unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete