Friday, November 2, 2012

My quilts and their stories................


Last night I was the guest speaker at the Markham Towne Quilter's Guild. In preparation, I dug out and pulled off the wall a LARGE number of my quilts..............


My LARGE pile of quilts. 


This isn't even half of the stuff I own. Hmmmm - I always wondered how much I have. Well - there are a LOT of finished projects, and a LOT of unfinished. Imagine if all those UFO's (just even those tubs of tops got quilted) - wow - that would be something.

But when I do a trunk show - I tend to take those quilts that have a story. And on my way there (after filling two suitcases with quilts), I started to think about the stories. Now these quilts have labels on them, but a label doesn't always tell the story!!!!!!!!!

So now I have to think of some way to properly tell the stories of those special quilts. I already have an idea - the big question - how to find the time to make that happen. I will make the time because I think this is important. Oh boy - I am my own worst enemy. But you wait - it will be an awesome project.


Then the bad news - the guild was selling off their older books. You know me - I am a sucker for books. Especially the older ones. Since the older ones were only $2.50 each - I walked away with FOUR interesting books. I did ask because I didn't want to appear pushy!!!!


Older quilt books that I acquired last night.


I love love love talking about my quilts. You know when you have a passion - it is so easy to chat and get excited. Well - we had a wonderful time at the guild last night. I could have gone on and on, but I didn't - I like to respect my time and the guild's time. So people came up at the break to see what I didn't have time to show. I guess I get the gift of the gab from my dad!!!!   Thanks Dad - yep - I could talk for hours and well- I try not to...............

It is a really great thing to dig out your quilts from time to time and remember the stories. I think I need to do that more often.


Got another customer quilt done.


Customer quilt

Got another one ready to load this morning.

We had the MOST amazing class at the gym this morning. There must have been at least 30 of us in the class. Friday is the treadmill workout. We were on the set of treadmills that face each other (there are at least 100 treadmills at this gym - maybe not quite that many but LOADS.)  Well - despite getting a great workout - we had a lot of fun. Poor Maria (the instructor) - we love her - she is great, but we really give her a hard time. I hope she knows we love her.

But I also have learned something this week. My personal time each day was from 5 - 6:30 AM. I would get some sewing done, putter in the studio, clean up or whatever needed doing that day. Since I started this class - well I do not get that time THREE times a week which is a lot. I wasn't happy. But now - if I am organized the night before with my clothes, I can still have one half hour in the studio BEFORE hitting the gym. And you know what - I go to the gym a MUCH happier person. So glad that I got that figured out.  I just need to figure out how or when to give the girls their walk that they miss. That will be an afternoon thing I guess.

So while it is 9:44 AM at this precise moment - I have already trimmed a customer quilt, worked out at the gym, been to physio (not in my own city and there was loads of traffic this morning), been to Tim's, not once, but TWICE). And now I am behind so I had better get a move on.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   (remember if something isn't working in your schedule - try to find a way to fix it)



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for speaking to our Guild last night. Your quilts and stories were inspiring. Truly could have listened to you longer, to bad time ran out.

    Sharon (the one with the modern quilt)

    ReplyDelete