Saturday, November 3, 2012

A hurricane just went through and it won't blow over..........



Never mind about the hurricane Sandy that just went through - we seem to have our own household hurricane  that just doesn't seem to be blowing over.

You know how it is as a parent. Your child signs up for something and to prevent disappointment - you try to prepare them. Don't be upset if it doesn't work out. You know - we have all done it. So M signs up at the modeling agency. I say "don't expect to get any calls", but she has gotten quite a few calls so far. Then I say "don't expect to get every job that you audition for", but she has gotten ALL jobs she has auditioned for. Great - this has just thrown my "expertise" in parenting skills out the window. What do I know - I am just the big, old, negative parent with NOTHING positive to say. Hey - just trying to help??????   OK - people at the agency - work with me here!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only problem is that now there are appointments for the auditions, then if she gets the job, another appointment for the fitting and then the event itself.

Unfortunately none of these are well paying and in most cases have been free. And while that is good at the beginning, M needs to move onto something paying. She had an audition last night, a show tonight and well - it just goes on and on. And for some reason, I am super busy myself so I can only drive to a couple of them, DH has taken the brunt of it. Oh boy!!!!

And as I type this, M is writing her SATs. I KNOW - my kid wanting to write SATs. Well - life never ceases to amaze me. Now M is supposed to be taking her driver`s license test in 10 days or maybe it is nine now - but then - will she have a car and will I let her drive downtown by herself - NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      Oh well - ONE more year - 10 months to be exact and she will be at school. If she gets into where she wants in the US - well, I`ll be selling my car and begging on the street to help pay tuition. I`ll worry about that when the time comes - will she pass the SATs, will she get accepted??????   Too many variables that I have NO CONTROL over - so I am not worrying.

I will say one thing about M. She sure takes charge. I had NOTHING to do with the SAT thing. OK - I bought the study book for her. But she checked out the info on-line, booked the appointment and did everything. Just told me to get her there this morning. So am I a bad mother in that my kid is that independent or a good one in that my kid is that independent???????     Personally - I think I am a good mom - that is how I was raised and I am happy to see her take charge of her life like this.

Oh boy - where is the closest Apple store?????   My computer is having major hiccups. It is telling me the D: Recovery drive is low on space?  Why - I have no idea????   I keep running out of memory - for god's sake - I just have a few pictures and a few web sites open. BUT I am not buying a MAC until someone can convince me that it will solve these problems. I may seem like an idiot with computers, but my sloppiness and poor habits test the machines to the limit. I want to test a Mac for ONE MONTH and see if I can kill it. Perhaps I should write Apple and explain my dilemma.   I can't even believe I am contemplating buying one. I don't think I will be able to actually buy one though. It is like when I went shopping for a new car. I have had a Toyota all my life and when I went to shop for a new one, I thought about buying a Honda. But I just could NOT do it. Oh boy - I am sure that will happen here. I better call the iYOGI - computer guru guys and get them to check the computer out - there is SOMETHING not right with the memory and the disk space. Of course - it could be the THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of pictures (OK - so I should deal with that).


In spite of running around like an idiot - I did manage to get another customer quilt done.


Customer quilt


Part of me wants to go through the pile and do them by size - start with the biggest and work down. But I will do them by order. Darn - I thought the other way was a good plan. But I am pushing to get a lot done this month. I have a new work schedule or work ethic and so far, I have managed to stick to it.


Well - I have a couple of good stories to tell you. Don't worry - I won't forget - I am writing them down in my journal so that I can keep track of them. I need to take a few more pictures - can't do a sloppy job of telling the story.

But on that note - I had better get myself in gear. I have TWO classes to teach today (had one last night) and then off to a fashion show tonight.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment