Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Coming and going!


I have a few pictures from a couple of days ago and I had better get them posted and keep up with the folders or I'm going to be in trouble!  And there are many more to edit!!!

The weather here is very unpredictable. When I write - "Oh - the sun is out, it is going to be a great day". Then it clouds over. And when I write - "Oh - it is raining". Then the sun comes out and it is somewhat warm!  BUT regardless of what is happening with the clouds - there is one constant. That is the wind!!!   Yep - it is pretty windy here all day and every day!!   I don't know how bad the wind is today, but it is cool, there are clouds in the sky, and the sun is shining so what's going to happen????   No idea!!!!


It is also a sad day today!  Nancy is leaving and I know the girls are going to miss her terribly especially Little Sammy who thinks Nancy is the best thing since sliced bread!!!  But Nancy has to get back to reality and her own dog. She is going to take a more leisurely trip home aiming for three days not crazy two!!!!


Little Sammy getting a foot rub from Nancy!  
 Since our company arrived last week, the upstairs is no longer blocked off and Little Sammy is taking every advantage of being up with her peeps!!!   Sparky doesn't do stairs and hasn't tried, although she did get stuck up there one day when we first got here which is why she hasn't been allowed back up!  She never tried them again but I don't trust her. When we are all out of the house - the stairs are blocked!


Little Sammy on the stairs!
And when I tried to get her to come down, the little devil growled fiercely at me!!!!!

A couple of days ago, we needed to go to Charlottetown to pick up DH at the airport..
Charlottetown airport
I was surprised but I do believe that Saskatoon airport is MUCH bigger, but it used to be small like this.

The girls waiting outside the airport - Sparky was a tad excited - Sammy not so much!



We went early so we could do a few errands in Charlottetown before getting to the airport.

Waiting outside the car at Chapter's!!!  (Mom didn't buy anything!)

Then we went back downtown so I could check out the other used book stores that I didn't get to last time. There used to be four used book stores in Charlottetown, but now there are only two - side by side.  I did manage to find another treasure.

Used book treasure
I have the first one - didn't realize there was a second one!!!!   Only one book.


The girls were rather unruly on the streets.  I am trying to hold a purse and two leashes and they are like two idiots in a candy store.  "Let's smell this" - "No let's smell this"  and "I'll smell over here while you smell over there" and their leashes were tangled and it was so much fun!!!!!


Sitting so pretty outside the car!!!!
After our trip to the airport, it was back downtown to eat lunch on a patio so the girls could sit right beside us and not be trapped in the car.


Waiting while the big people had lunch

"Oh something VERY interesting over there!"

The waiter brought a nice big bucket of water for the girls!!!!

Then back to the house.  Before getting to the house, we stopped at the Liquor Store to get some refreshments.  The sun was shining although it was windy.  I had the window of the car open and the sun was shining on my leg and it felt HOT.  When I got back to the house, I looked at my leg (I had jeans on).  OH MY GOD!!!!!   Look at my leg!!!!!!   Thanfully the marks didn't stay too long!!!!

"Burn" marks on my leg from about 10 minutes sitting in the sun!!!!


Last Friday (like the locals) we went to Glasgow Glen Farm to get some pizza and I snapped this picture of their cheese making  process.


Part of the cheese making process at Glasgow Glen Farm


And then there is always the ubiquitous farm equipement.  It is everywhere!!!!!

Farm equipment


Well - it is a sad time now. Nancy just left, DH has gone to play golf and the girls are beside themselves.  Little Sammy is pacing and looking out windows and jumping on the furniture to look out the windows because everyone left at the same time!!!!!   No fair!!!!!


Nancy packed and ready to leave - Sammy wants to go too!!!!!

A tad windy this morning as we bide adieu to Nancy!!!!

The girls did NOT want a picture!!!!

See you in Ontario Nancy!!!!

Where'd they go????   Where are my PEEPS?????


And there you have it - another crazy day here on PEI.  The house is DEAD quiet again.  At least for a couple of hours as DH has gone to play golf.   Yipppeeeeee - time to break out the sewing machine - oops - a bit of computer work to finish off first.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment