Tuesday, June 9, 2015

No way!!!!!!


I managed to snag a cable that allows me to down load my bike rides!   So here is the link to the first one - they are filled with stats and a map - all kinds of useless information!

Elaine's bike ride - June 5
I did have a great ride that day - not long but that is OK. Getting to see some of the scenery and so easy to stop if I want!

It was nice yesterday so I decided to get back out on the bike. Contemplating the wind - I decided to do the same route but in the reverse.  That way I would only have to face the wind on one of the legs and have it to my back more or less on the other two.  NOT SO - I am certain that I had headwind on all three legs - how does that happen????   Anyway here is the link - June 8

337 Meters of climbing in 35 K - of course - 330 meters of descent as well.  I will say that there are steeper hills on the reverse route than on the original direction!!!!   I told you PEI was NOT flat!!!

It is raining and windy this morning so I don't think I'll be doing the bike thing today!  Ooops - rain has stopped - the wind has not!



Remember I posted the picture of the bread and cheese (which is EXCELLENT).   Anyway - that brings back a memory from MANY years ago.


Bread and cheese brings back fond memories!
You see  in 1979 when I was a mere babe - I got married and guess where I honeymooned????   Yep - PEI.  I have TWO memories of that trip and neither had to do with the husband (Jacques) to whom I am no longer married (but still keep in touch with), but I kept the surname in case you ever wondered about that!   The first memory was playing golf.  I don't know what course we played, but I sucked and I have a picture (at home) of me swinging a golf club and looking like an idiot. The second involved a mutual friend of ours that was living on the island. We had met Nic (no K please)  in a youth program (same program Jacques and I met). I remember one evening, Nic, his dog, Jacques and myself. We bought a loaf of bread and some cheese, had a camp fire on the beach and - oh - we must have had some wine - but I remember eating the bread and cheese on the beach. Probably thinking we were so cool and young and FOOLISH!!!!!   Isn't that weird how some little obscure fact like that remains in my head and I can't remember a single other thing about that trip!!!!  Oh - I know we did visit Lucy Maud Montgomery house - I've got pictures of that too.   Shoot - I should have dug out those pictures before I left!!!!

I have riden my bike on three seperate trips to PEI (and through Charlottetown on all three) so when I went to Charlottetown by car the other day - I knew how to get around Charlottetown no problem. When you ride a bike you pay very close attention to street and road signs - god forbid you make a mistake and have to detour!!!!   I guess this makes my fifth trip to PEI - so I don't feel the need to do tourist stuff!!!!

Maybe I will when Nancy arrives later this week.

Ah - it is beach picture day!!!  Tomorrow there will be quilting stuff - I promise!


The mouth of the creek that runs into the ocean
 Amazing how fast this little creek is flowing. If you step into it - you can definitely feel the current.


And see how it has eroded the edge of the sand!

This was a perfect day at the beach.  We sat - well I sat on the rocks for a long time. Just listening to the ocean, watching the waves and well - it just doesn't get any better than that - I guess unless I had some bread and cheese with me!


Fascinating to watch the waves - why is that????

Little Sammy in her usual stance at the beach - nose to the ground!!!

Sparky is above beachcombing as she prances along the sandy beach

Little Sammy has certainly found a treasure

Let's spit out those lobster claw shells after picking out the meat

Miss Sparky!    She is such a goof!!!!!!   She loves to pose for pictures. 
 When I was trying to get pictures of my project for QUILTSocial, there is Sparky trying to get in the pictures and I don't want her in the pictures!!!!   She is like a senile little old lady!!!!   We just try to go with the flow with here!!!

More waves - sorry - can't help myself. They are so beautiful. 

More snuffling on the beach - there won't be a speck of lobster meat left on the beach 

Oh company!  Someone thinks they are going to launch their boat off this beach???   They turned around and left right away. Yeah!!!!!   There must be rules/laws/regulations about this kind of thing?????   It all seems very loosey goosey to me.   Hmmm - must check that out!!!!

Sparky enjoying the beach

The sand dune we have to climb up to get back to the house (if we don't walk by the creek)

Ah - the top of the dune and there are the houses/cottages
A PEI election sign
Some cottager has got their provincial flag up!!


AHA - did you see that picture I snuck in there.  Seriously - I could NOT believe my eyes!!!!!   I am riding my bike in the reverse direction yesterday - so I am riding TOWARDS Kensington. I was NOT scouring the ditch for anything, but merely having a glance now and then. A flash of red and white hit my eye. I almost fell off my bike!!!!!    NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!!!!      What are the chances??????   I didn't stop to investigate as I was going to be passing by with the car later that morning, so I left it. But I knew - I just KNEW what it was.

When I picked it up - it was indeed an election sign firmly attached to a big wooden slat with two big screws. No way that was going to come on the bike with me - especially with the wind, although I could have rigged it up as a sail and been home in no time!!!!!

When I got back from our errands and unloaded my TREASURE - I dug through the junk drawer in the kitchen......


Junk drawer
Found a screw driver and removed the sign from the post.

The ELECTION sign is safely secured inside the house 

What are the chances of finding that!!!!!   And when was the election???   AHA - The election was May 4,  2015.   I think we can safely say that the 72 hours past the deadline when these signs become garbage.  Did this guy win????   Let's find out................   No it would appear not!   He seems like a nice enough fellow. Ah - the Liberals were having their elections for their provincial candidates or whatever!!!!!!    The last sign I picked up was also red and white!!!! - just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!


Paul Montgomery!

And now back to the regular blog!!!!!

This is the sign at one of the cottages here.  I can't find any significance to it!!!

The Cookhouse


Sparky enjoying her bone outside

 The biggest thing we miss is having a fenced area for the girls to run around in.  Thye want to be out, but can't be without supervision.  And it is so darn windy that you don't want to sit out for long!!!!
Little Sammy scooped the bone from Sparky and is trying to clean it off despite the fact that she has few teeth left. 


Little Sammy coming up on the deck!


Well I have to say that finding that election sign has been the highlight of my trip so far.  That is so pathetic!!!!!    And I LOVE IT!!!!!    A big thanks to Paul for missing that sign.   Oh dear - I've probably blogged enough about it that my blog will come up when you google his name.  So don't do that!!!!

But I feel the urge to make a chubby charmer coming on!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Hmmmmm - I am visiting a quilt store with Robin this morning.   I wonder...............


On that note - I am out of here.  So much to do - and so little time!!!!


Have an awesome day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. In Monday's post I saw the 2 pieces of the sign cut and I knew a chubby charmer
    is on the way <<<<I surely hope I get into a class with you for thatbag. I need to
    make 2 so far....On my gosh I will go crazy if not doing one. I see too many girls
    using them these days. You do know who I am.Lol, Enjoying PEI with your many Pictures.. Kitchencook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES - chubby charmer is on the list of classes for the fall!!!!! Perhaps we should wait until AFTER the election whenever that is so we can all have sign boards for the bottom!!!

      Delete
    2. YES - chubby charmer is on the list of classes for the fall!!!!! Perhaps we should wait until AFTER the election whenever that is so we can all have sign boards for the bottom!!!

      Delete