It's Motivational Monday again. A very exciting day. Many people are not that fond of Monday - it's the end of the weekend, it's back to work. For me, Monday has been a very exciting day for many years as that is my sewing day. Well now that I work full time, it's not technically a full sewing day, but it's all about sewing as I do get to spend a bit of time first thing in the morning with the sewing group and then off to work which is always exciting.
Today is even more exciting as I'm going to spend the entire day with the sewing group. Normally on stat holidays, the sewing group doesn't meet, but today they are and so I get to join them.
BUT even more exciting is what I have to share with you this morning. The TOP of my January project is done!!!! Yes - it's been almost 10 years since I started this project. I've tried to resurrect it several times and got bored? But the top is DONE!!!! I'm super excited about that and hope to get the binding (which is cut and ready to sew together) and the bits for the backing are in my sewing bag today. As I lay awake this morning, I had a vision of how to put the bits together for the backing! Perfect!!!!
Let's have a look at how the top got finished.
First, I wanted to share this fabulous quote with you. How true! Let's get these things done, but perfect? Hardly. But what a huge weight I felt lift when I got this top done!!! That's what we're aiming for!
There was ONE last seam to be sewn in order for this section to be finished.
|One last seam and now the center is together|
I was short by ONE hexagon when I put it together and I used a different green. You can see it in the top left corner and also near the bottom right hand corner. I wasn't sure that I like that green so I tried another one.
Ah - I don't think so - this is hideous and stands out way more than the one that I orginally used.
|I don't think that green works!!!!|
So I tried yet another green and this time, I was much happier with it. I think what bothered me was the original fabric was ONLY green and there were no blocks that were solid green in the quilt.
The new fabric has some gold in it so it blends better.
|NOW the center part is complete|
|Color is good, but it looks weird|
|The border is even more jarring!|
|This is much better!!!|
|February project is dull compared to the January project|
Let's get those points trimmed off!
|Off with the points!|
|First border on!|
|Top is DONE!!!!!!|
|Now it's a lap quilt!|
I'm super happy with it. I think I may keep this one for myself after all the agony of it. BUT here's the thing - without this group, without The Task Master, this project would have gotten shelved yet again. I could see everyone posting their January projects and some are already finished their Feburary projects. Well I had to keep slogging. I was even tempted to put it on the long arm and quilt it yesterday, but I had a customer quilt that had to be done and I have a few things to finish off before we leave for QuiltCon so those take priority. When I get back.................. well we'll see.
|Customer quilt - DONE!!!!!|
So a HUGE HUGE thank you to all of you who are posting your completed projects. It's very motivating.
On that note, I have to finish getting ready for my sewing day!!!
Have a super day!!!
And if you want to join us on Facebook and post your finished projects, check out the group.