Sunday, April 29, 2018

There's so much and so little time


We had a super fun day yesterday. Loads of show n tell in the table runner class and then Farm Girl Vintage. And topped it off with a finishing class for tuffets. Whew!! I was glad to get home.

My car was stuffed to the top with tuffet and other class supplies and after I picked up a few things along the way, it was stuffed when I got home. It's all empty now and ready to take the girls to the park this morning. But what's with the snow???  It was snowing when I got up! It has stopped now, but this isn't funny anymore!

I'm on my own for two whole weeks. So after I cooked myself a real dinner, I decided that with nothing rush (for the moment) that I could read a bit. I started this psychological thriller last week, but I had a dread of reading it. The main character is going to get in trouble, she knows she shouldn't do what she is about to do, but things progress way beyond that trouble. There are twists in this one pretty much right to the end. Yikes! Yes - I read and read and read and it was getting creepier and creepier. I couldn't stop. I'm about 40 pages away from the finish when YES - I just literally fell asleep. Woke up and went to bed where I proceeded to finish the book. I read 3/4 of the darn thing last night!!! BUT  - the subject matter is very disturbing because it's very current, it's very plausible that it could happen and well - in a matter of a very short period of time, a lot of lives are involved!

The book?  It's the second book (called Second Life) by S. J. Watson. The author of that other book I read - "Before I Go to Sleep" which was also a page-turner. I'm not sure this author's background, but boy - he has quite the imagination and the knack for writing a page-turner. Anyway, if you're into a page-turner thriller, I thought it was a great book.

Of course, then I was wide awake and couldn't go back to sleep so I started another book! I must finish the remaining books I have from the library and not get more until I read a few from my shelf.

I've loads of pictures to share with you, but I don't have time to edit them this morning and while I could have done that last night, I was busy (reading my book). This morning, I had to get the studio ready for a sit n sew day. I must say that it looks rather untidy. I literally just tossed everything onto the floor in the corner. I haven't even unpacked from the retreat or the FIVE classes from last weekend and yesterday. It will be fun to go through all that later today when everyone leaves.

But I'm going to leave you with two very interesting articles that have been sitting in the pending file. One of them is about NOT making your craft a business. So for anyone who thinks they may want to go into business (for quilting, knitting, or whatever), it's a good read. The second one is about knitting - BUT, while the author is a knitter, it's about making mistakes and should they be fixed. It's very interesting! Something we should all read. I'm going to go back and read it in more detail later today. I have loads more links in my draft blogs to share with you on days like today!

I have a few more things to tidy up before the sewists arrive today and I've got to get to the dog park with the girls. And Murphy says that I had better bring her ball today because it's very boring at the park without it!

Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment