Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Forest Road Retreat - Day Two Part One

So technically I wasn’t here for Day Two although I arrived back at the house just as they were to eat dinner.

I was up early and on my way back to the city with a two hour drive. Right into morning traffic which wasn’t all that bad, but it still bogged down. I had a little chuckle to myself as I passed the exit where I used to work. Good morning to all my former co-workers! Have a great day!

Then it was off to my meeting for my freelance gig. First off, the room where the meeting was held was freezing. I’m not just talking cold, I’m talking freezing!!  Finally around lunchtime, the temperature was fixed but seriously - why do they turn on the A/C in April. I get it that it was warm outside and that there were bodies in the room, but that was a wee bit too cold for my liking.

The meeting itself was pretty interesting and it just makes me realize that I know so little about all these sewing machines. That’s not entirely true as I do know a fair amount and my creativity adds quite a bit, but wow - the things that you can do. I’m very excited about the whole thing and got a couple of great ideas on how to make some cool stuff. Can’t wait to get home and try it out. I didn’t have to bring the big sewing machine back with me so the car is now pretty empty. Yeah!!

Let’s just say that the eating thing for yesterday - well it wasn’t a great day and that is the first day since I started all this. I can live with one day, but goes to show you that if you have bad food with you, you’ll eat it. And there are times (like in a meeting) when you’re needing something to keep you busy and food becomes the focal point. LUnch was huge and dinner was huge and I ate a fair number of bread items - I felt awful last night. Stuffed and I haven’t felt that way in a long, long time. Lots of water required today and a long walk to flush it all out.

I’m going to write one more post to finish the day off as I know my iPad buffer is going to kick in any minute.


No comments:

Post a Comment