Monday, April 23, 2018

Forest Road Retreat - Day One

This is going to be short and sweet this morning. I’m on my iPad because it’s handy and I have to leave in a few minutes to go to a meeting today. It was “funny” (NOT!) that I have had two events for my freelance educator gig and both of them fell during my scheduled retreats. So today, I’m off to the city for a meeting and then back tonight. Thankfully there is NO danger of an ice storm.

Everyone arrived safely yesterday and lots of fun to catch up with everyone and see what they are working on.

I worked on my 150 Canadian Women since I wouldn’t be able to do that today (Monday sewing). I got all six blocks completed so that was every exciting. I’ll post pictures when I get home. It’s just easier but I do have to figure something out to post while I’m away.

Then I moved onto the next project that I brought with me. The blocks for Farm Girl Vintage that I need for homework this coming weekend. I managed to finish most of the blocks, but wait. I didn’t get one done because I miscut the fabric. I couldn’t finish another because I didn’t cut one piece of fabric and I couldn’t finish one more because I miscut one of the pieces after I sewed it. There’s a lot of stitch and flip in these blocks. Shoot - I should have time to rework those blocks on Friday evening so I’m good. I’m trying very had to keep everything up to date!!!

As I sewed those fussy little blocks, I almost completed the last of the big blocks for the pixel apple quilt (as my elder and leader). I could have finished it last night, but I was tired. I also got two of the “hoods” for the turrets sewn. And imagine that there are four of the nine people in the tuffet class right here. So as I sew the hoods (from upholstery batting), it’s going to one of the four and they can take them home and be responsible for bringing them on the weekend to class. Just a bit more stuff that doesn’t have to go in the car.

On that note, I see it’s time for my two (hopefully) hour drive. I’d better get the garbage/recycling to the curb and get going.

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!!!

And while we didn’t frolic on the beach, we did take a quick picture of me waving my arms as I stood on a rock. It was a gorgeous day and lots of people were milling about.

No comments:

Post a Comment