Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Forest Road Retreat - Day Three


Another successful day at the quilting retreat. I got a whole bunch of projects completed yesterday. Lots of little stuff that has been hanging around for a while - well not a long while, but a while. Slowly, one by one they are getting completed. I also had made a commitment to entering a mini quilt into a show and that quilt is due by the end of the month. I had to start from scratch, cut all the pieces, but I’m happy to report that the top is together. It’s only 12 inches square but I’m happy with it. Just a few seams to twirl and I’m good to start quilting it.

As usual, we’re eating like queens and I have to get back on track when I get home, although I’ve been pretty good. There was just a lot of fun food, but there was a big bag of jujubes sitting on the kitchen all day yesterday and I was tempted several times, but then I told myself that I did NOT need them and I didn’t touch them. I’m quite proud of myself for that.

Sacha and I took a walk yesterday after we had been to Midland for a shopping trip. Someone gooped up the iron and I ended up running vinegar though it and then I needed iron cleaner to clean the bottom. Let’s just say that my sinuses got a good cleaning as well. When cleaning the iron with vinegar, do NOT stand over it as it steams!!

Anyway, we took a walk along the beach where I learned that one of my rubber boots has a hole in it. Not just a little hole, but a huge rip along the sole. I was going to buy some new ones at Marks the other day, but couldn’t find my size. Then I thought I did not need new boots, but now I do.

I’ve got loads of projects to take pictures of when I get home. And there are a few things where I could only go so far and had to stop for whatever reason. I will try to catch up on those things on the sit n sew on Sunday at my house.

That’s it for today - short and sweet. It’s raining outside so it’s a perfect day to stay in and sew.

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment