Monday, November 26, 2018

Another great day!

Sit n Sew days are the best - but they're exhausting!

There were a total of eight of us yesterday sewing. I don't think anyone forgot anything - no need to borrow a specialty ruler, or thread or fabric. But there were a LOT of questions and advice needed! That's OK - that's what it's all about. Having fun and encouraging each other.

I have to confess that after the group left, I needed a nap! I had (and still have) loads of work that I was going to do last night, but I was just too tired to make that happen. Later today is the night - it has to happen today! I need to be moving onto the next urgent things.

I didn't manage to get a picture of what everyone was working on. Sharon is slowly working her way through her Border Creek Mystery from several years ago - she's now on Clue 5 of eight Clues. There is a light at the end of the tunnel - just a long ways away yet. There's a LOT of cutting and sewing in those quilts.

I know a couple of ladies working on the current Border Creek Mystery. I've done my share of these mysteries and not finished all of them. No need to start another one!

Diane was madly sewing a ton of 9-patch blocks to make a very cool quilt. No pictures. Linda was working on some very intensely pieced star blocks. And Lynn worked on a variety of projects. I love how people bring intense projects to the Sit n Sew days. It's boring to work on those at home by yourself. And some people keep projects that they work on just at Sit n Sew days. I'm kind of like that for the Monday sewing. I don't work on those projects except on Monday. Works for me!!!

So what did I get pictures of?  Have a look.................

This is Ronda's table runner. The runner was done, she added the binding - both sides by machine!!!!  Way to go Ronda. This as from the table runner class from last year. More on the rest of the show n tell from that later this week. She was also working on something else, but had a wee bit of a challenge with the math - we won't go there.


Ronda's table runner
 Pam had the blocks for this quilt cut out and managed to get the entire top sewn together yesterday. Great job Pam - love the colors!!!!  It's a kit by Shania Sunga and I believe she designed the batik fabric as well.


Pam's koala quilt
 France worked very hard and got HALF of her quilt together. The blocks were done but she had to repress some of the seams. These blocks are from Border Creek's recent online sew along called Let's be Friends. Anyway, I love the way she used a huge variety of values of blue in the blocks and how scattered they are in the placement. It looks awesome!!!  She made 61 blocks and used a different blue in each block! Apparently, she still has a lot of blue fabrics that she didn't use. Do you think she likes blue?


France's Let's be Friends quilt
I made the backing for that jelly roll quilt I showed you yesterday. I forgot to take a picture. I'll do that later today. Then I worked on finishing the rag quilt. I wanted this done so I snipped and snipped and got it completed. Yeah - this is finish Number 70 for the year!!!!


Rag quilt DONE!
 Then I tossed it in the washer because technically it isn't done until it's been washed at least once. Before I went to bed last night, I laid it out on the work tables so it could finish drying.


The washed rag quilt
 This morning when I had a peek at it, I noticed that an entire row hadn't been snipped. Oh, shoot - so I snipped that this morning, wrote it in my book as Number 70 and it's going to be donated next week. I'm not rewashing it.


Oops - forgot to snip the cross pieces on an entire row
I was working on my ender/leader project as well. I had randomly cut pieces of white on black without counting. I am THREE pieces short. That's a pretty good guestimate!!!  I'm not sure how many blocks I have so I'll be cutting a lot more fabric I'm sure and I'll need them for the next round on the opposing blocks. I think I said that I need 60 blocks with red in the center, then the white on black and finally a round of black on white. I don't think there are 60 block centers here.


The ender/leader project 
 Here's the opposing block - red center, black on white and then white on black. A wee bit of counting will be in order or I might wait until I run out of that white. Anyway - I'm going to need a cutting session soon.


One of the opposing blocks

I also got one more block completed for Audra's quilt. I got the chicken done - she's in the bottom row. There are three more blocks to finish. All have applique in them. I was hoping to have one prepped to take to Monday sewing, but I was too tired to do that. It'll have to wait until later this week if I can eek out the time. I have a few deadlines. And I have to prep for a big weekend. I'll share all the details tomorrow, but if you happen to be in Earlton or North Bay this weekend, I'm coming to visit!!!!


Simple Country Sampler to date

This is the mess in my studio! Well, the messy corner. I would love to get that corner completely dealt with by the end of the year. Some of that stuff has deadlines so it has no choice but to be dealt with. Some are easy projects that could be finished in an hour or two. And there's a chair of quilts to be bound. It's all possible. I just have to keep focusing and I'll make it happen.


The visual "to do" list!!

It looks worse than it is as there are some bags of supplies that I brought in because I need the supplies. Once I get the supplies, the bags go back to their place of residence. It's all good. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS!!!! 

It would be great to then be able to bring out some new stuff.

On that note, I'd better get myself together for the day!!!!  I think I'll be cutting the sewing day short as I have some computer work that has to be done today!!!!

Don't forget to check out QUILTsocial where I'm introducing a BRAND NEW sewing machine by Husqvarna Viking. It's a pretty exciting sewing machine. I'm in love with all the features. Check it out!!!

Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment