Wednesday, November 7, 2018

My day off


Yesterday was supposed to be a day of getting things embroidered and sewn. However, I didn't even touch a sewing machine. Well other than to pack it up. I'm on my way to a sewing retreat this morning. I know - bad timing.

After the missed attempt at sending Bear home yesterday, I had to get to the vet so we could obtain a new health certificate so he could fly. Poor little guy - he was very out of sorts about the whole thing. I'm happy to report that he received a clean bill of health and as I write this, he's on his way from the cargo depot to the big plane that will take him home to Vancouver. His flight leaves at 7:15 AM. I think he's going to go crazy when he gets home. So will M. I kind of miss the little guy already. He was so darn cute and so fun and it was great entertainment to see what he would come up with next. Bye, bye Bear - we miss you already!

Bear and I spent a lot of time yesterday just hanging out and catching up on some sleep. Good grief - I was tired. Not only from getting up at a ridiculous time to get him to the airport which didn't work out but the travel day the day before as well. Not only did we go back to bed when we got back from the airport, but we had a long, long nap on the couch after lunch.

Then I had to get up because I was teaching a class. It was the second session of teaching the nine-year-old and her dad how to sew a dress. They had done their homework and it was well done. When the class was over, they just had to attach the skirt to the bodice and the ruffle to the skirt. So they still have a fair amount of homework to do. They didn't choose the easiest pattern for a total beginner. But they were making out just fine. Super excited to see the young ones take up sewing and this girl is going to go gangbusters. Now only on her own accord, but she has great parents (at least a great dad) to support her.

So that class was at Oh Look Fabric. If you have kids or know of kids who want to learn to sew, give the store a call and we can set something up. Even adults for that matter.

I'm making dinner tonight for the group at the retreat. My plan was to make the chili at home and take it with me. However, I sauteed the veggies and that was the extent of my cooking. I'll do the rest at the retreat right after lunch.

Thank goodness, I'm going by myself. I packed half of the car this morning and well, I still have the sewing machines (yes - taking two - one for embroidery and one for sewing). So I must get the rest of the car packed.

The winners of the International Quilter's Association quilt show were announced last night and here's a link to the winning quilts.  There are a couple of Canadians amongst the winners. I have to say that the pictures on the web do NOT do justice to the detail in these quilts. I did see most of the winners and I was certain that I had seen them all, but there are a couple that I don't recognize. And it's funny - there are some that I know I saw in person, but boy - they look different seeing them in a photograph. The level of detail and the workmanship are truly outstanding in all of these quilts.

As an FYI - I'll have some stuff to sell in an upcoming craft sale.  It takes place at The Hobby Horse on Friday, November 16 and Saturday, November 17. Be sure to mark those dates down. I'll be there for part of the day on Friday. There will be quilts, bags, runners, ornaments, and many other items. If you're in a panic about Christmas gifts, this is the place to be!!!

On that note, I'd better get the girls (no boy anymore) for their walk, finish loading the car and get myself off to the sewing retreat. I can't wait!!!!!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment