Sunday, November 11, 2018

Retreat - Day Four

It's the last day of the sewing retreat. Times seems to fly past when we're here, but after the last couple of weeks, I'm looking forward to getting home and trying to get into my normal routine. Especially on the eating part. It seems that I have to send out a reminder before every retreat about the desserts. We've eaten a LOT of rich desserts and I'm feeling it.

When I'm home, I feel like I want to drink only water - lots of water and eat fruits and veggies. For days!!!  But I've done not so badly on the eating - but way too much.

I finished my magazine quilt top yesterday and it turned out amazing. It was a little bit of a touch and go situation when it came to the last design to stitch out. I didn't think I was going to have enough thread which would have meant another trip to the quilt store, but I managed to eek out the design and have only a few yards to spare. Phew!!! I love when that happens.

I've been taking pictures of what the others have been working on and will try to post when I'm home. I've so much to post - not enough time or enough days. There's always something crazy on my schedule and I'm not sure why.

After I packed up that other quilt top (the binding and the backing are also done), it was time to move onto something else. I pulled out Kaleidoscope. I did something different with mine and the tops (yes - there are two of them) are done. The bindings are done. I had brought something for the backing, but I didn't like it so I'll dig something else out when I get home.

Then it was time to move onto the next project and rather than pull something from the car (there's a big bag with four projects - all UFOs that I didn't bring into the house). But I have my Monday bag with me and I pulled a project from there. I'm working on one of my UFOs. Those three darn scrap quilts. One top is ready for quilting - that was done a couple of weeks ago. I'm working on the second top and I just have the top and bottom borders to put one - two seams and that top will be done. The scrappy binding is at home and I'll make that tomorrow and I have to find something for the back. The third one needs a border and that'll take a wee bit of time to get that done.

But both the scrappy quilts and the Kaleidoscope are on that UFO list so all is good.

We had snow here yesterday. A fair amount of snow to be exact. I had to go to the quilt store to return the hoop I had borrowed and the roads were a wee bit treacherous. No - I haven't had time to get my snow tires on yet, but when I get home, I'll be making an appointment.

And I've become very good at maintaining a nice steady fire! I've earned my fire starter badge well as I started the wood stove again this morning. All is good!

On that note, I'm out of here. Got a wee bit more sewing to do and then will have lunch and head home after lunch. I'm sure the girls will be excited to know that Mom is going to be home for a while. No more major travel until next year. Yeah!!!!!!

But it means that I'll be hitting that studio as I have a lot of stuff that needs to be done in a very short period of time. I"m good with that - it's what I love to do and it's what I'm good at.

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment