Thursday, November 8, 2018

Quilt Retreat - Day One

Here we are at our favorite quilt retreat house. Fireside Retreat in Orillia.

After we got Bear safely off to the airport (he arrived safe and sound in case you're wondering), it was time to get home and pack the car for the retreat. I had packed the bags, but they needed to be loaded into the car. Then I was off.

The trip up was uneventful - just the way I like it. Everyone was very anxious to get started and when I arrived, most of the group had just arrived as well. I love their enthusiasm. Unpacked everything and set up the embroidery machine. I have a lot of embroidery to do and it was going to take some time. That silly machine ran for most of the day and I still wasn't able to finish. I was hoping I could, but that didn't happen. Of course, it didn't help that I had to make two trips to various places.

I was making chili for dinner and I didn't think that I had brought enough meat so off to the store for more meat and more tomatoes. The chili turned out amazing! Not too spicy but I brought the spices along in the event that someone wanted to put more in. Then once I had the embroidery machine set up, I thought I could get the other sewing machine set up so I could sew. I opened the lid to discover that there was no thread on the thing. Now how did that happen? I must have been using a decorative thread on that machine and took it off and did not replace it with piecing thread. So I was off to the quilt store to get thread.

I literally spent the entire day embroidering and piecing some blocks. It was after 10 PM when I shut everything down for the night and I was the last person (well, Ronda called it a night about the same time). That doesn't happen too often.

It would appear that in my rush to leave the house that I had forgotten to pack some pjs. Oh well - I managed.

Some of the group doesn't get to see each other very often as they have moved away so coming to the retreat is a great way to catch up. Now that I'm not chained to the embroidery machine (which makes a lot of noise), it'll be easier to keep track of what is going on in the house. I bet the girls in the other room were having conversations about Ronda and myself and we couldn't hear a thing they said!

The weather was icky yesterday. Rainy and wet. I had wanted to go for a walk, but there was no way I was going out in that weather. I did however find an amazing pair of rubber boots. One of the problems with rubber boots is that the top part is too narrow for my calves. The pair I found has soft neoprene from the ankle up. Now how convenient is that?  I love them and they were $50 at Joe Fresh. I wore them around this morning and they are perfect. They're supposed to be good for the cold weather which is exactly what I need. So far so good and I needed to replace my other ones as the back of one had split open.

I'm late with the blog this morning as it's now almost lunch! I wanted to get the rest of that embroidery out of the way and it is done!!!! 

On that note, I'd better get myself in gear and get that embroidery trimmed and sewn together!

Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment