Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Prepping for retreat

For me, every day used to be a good day. But since I got home from that trip, I never know, and it drives me crazy! Some days I wake up feeling like the dead even though I've had a good sleep, and I've been known to have a nap before 9 AM. Good grief -- what is happening to me? I think I best make a trip to the doctor to get some bloodwork done to ensure things are OK. And that darn vertigo keeps popping up from time to time. 

After I had my early morning nap yesterday, I was good for the remainder of the day. And YES -- even though I get up early, I'm in bed way before all of you are even thinking of bed! I'm close to getting 8 hours each night, but -- anyway -- no need to go into all those details. Sometimes, I think I'm not eating enough! I need to monitor that a bit more closely as well. 

Suffice it to say that I wake up each morning, hoping it's going to be a good day, and so far -- today is a good day! 

 OK -- some of the dreaded paperwork got done! I still have a bit more of the urgent stuff to finish today, but hopefully, it won't take long. And I also got more work done in Studio B than I had planned, so that was good. 

It's crazy the amount of stuff and details that need to be addressed each day, and of course, the more organized you are, the easier it is to make them happen. But imagine if all those things weren't there? Ah -- the life of a minimalist. That is looking so much more appealing every day! I'm working on it, but in the meantime, I have a lot to deal with. I can see how people can get overwhelmed with it all. 

You know you are a confirmed walker when it's 7 PM, and you realize that you do NOT have bananas for breakfast. Yes -- I could live without the banana, but I don't want to. So even though I had already hit my walking goal (11.5 KM) for the day, I grabbed my bag, and off I went. I can get there and back in half an hour, so why would I take the car? I might save 5 minutes? That's not worth it, and I get to walk through the forest on the way there and back. Yep -- better for my physical and mental health to walk!

Ine more customer quilt is done! All trimmed and ready to be delivered later today!


Customer quilt - DONE


There's one more on my list that I want to get done today. Thankfully, it's not a large quilt, so that shouldn't be a problem. And despite having a computerized long arm, quilting still requires that you be there, and it's time-consuming. I'm not complaining; just saying that a good part of the past week has been devoted to clearing the customer quilt queue. And except for this last one -- I've done it! And I'll get that done and delivered later today!

While I did some sewing yesterday, I'm trying to get some stuff prepped as I'm going away for a couple of days. A couple of relaxing days with friends so that will be good. I'm way behind on some projects, but I aim to finish prepping the last two months of homework for the Tula Pink Butterfly quilt. 

Those dratted curved seams -- I'm sure everyone is cursing me for that! But it has to be done, and the rest of the quilt is straight sewing once that is done. 

Prep work for The Butterfly Quilt


Let's see -- I'm behind in my UFO for this month -- well, not technically not behind - it just has to be done. I have two blocks to make for Wonderful Woodland, and yes, that one is behind; there is the border for Among the Stars Again -- it's cut and partially sewn - also behind schedule. And I have a small project for a magazine that needs to be finished. So yes, I'm behind, but hopefully, I can get caught up over the next couple of days. But I need to do a lot of prep work today to make that happen. We'll see how it goes. 

I am also trying NOT to overload what I take. I'm allowed ONE bag of projects and one bag with supplies. Well, I'm allowing myself one project bag, so we'll see how it goes. Tish is coming, and she only brings one basket -- peer pressure! Plus, I don't have a lot of room in the car as I'm carpooling to the retreat and taking TWO tuffet kits with me. We may have to sit with tuffets on our laps!

I'm happy to report that the leaky iron isn't leaking. Now I'm keeping the water level in it low -- I wonder if the leak is part way up the tank? I'll have to experiment, but I'm so happy as I LOVE this iron and so glad I can use water in it and not have a mess on my ironing board. 


Zero leaking


Guess who turned 6? Yes -- that would be Little Bear. The little cutey!! I wish he was closer, but he has nasty bathroom habits (unless you walk him multiple times a day), so I'm not sure how close I want him! But Happy Birthday, Bear!

Little Bear



I'm not in the habit of loaning tools, but did I happen to lend my Marti Michelle Template Set A to anyone? It looks like this. 




I can't find my set, and I can only imagine that it's stuck in a project box if I didn't loan it to someone. I don't usually do that, but you never know what I sometimes do! If you have Set A and would be willing to let me use it, I would greatly appreciate that! 

Is progress being made in the front yard? Slow and steady -- they are now working on the foundation where the walkway will go. There'll be a walkway around the patio that goes to the gate at the side of the house. I'm guessing that once that foundation is down, they'll start laying the stone, which is the same on the patio, the step, and the walkway. 

Once that is done, there's the green scaping, the driveway, and the lights. We still have a month's worth of work to happen. Then I can sit out there in the early morning or evening and watch the neighborhood go by!


On that note, I'm out of here! Lits to do and so little time to get it done! 


Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment