OK --- so the lawn furniture got put away. Phew -- we can all rest easy now. It wasn't so much the furniture; it was shutting off the tap to the backyard that was the critical thing here. I noticed that DH put one piece in the shed, but it was the largest piece, making it a challenge to get the rest in there. But I managed. And I drained 200 feet of garden hose, and it's all stored away. The deck is mostly swept -- I would have used the leaf blower, but it was at the back of the shed, and with that huge lounger in there, it was a challenge to get to.
I can't yell at him --- he took the initiative to do it on his own, but seriously --- could he not have waited ONE more day?
|The deck furniture is stored away|
And the 11th quilt for Quilts of Valour is now quilted and trimmed. A few bits of batting to tidy up will be done next week.
|Quilts of Valour quilt - DONE|
That makes 22 quilts completed for Quilts of Valour and 41 for Project Linus since September 8, plus some for customers. I have two other quilts to be donated to Quilts of Valour that I quilted two years ago. My goal is to get back to quilting customer quilts and to bind everything that still needs to be bound. My guess is 32 quilts need to be bound. Now that I don't have to make quilt backs, I should get that cleared up in no time!
Speaking of backing, here's the backing for the 11th quilt.
|The backing for the 11th quilt|
I had purchased those two panels in the center -- they were images of Canada, and I decided that I wasn't ever going to use them, so they are now in the back of this quilt. I will be thinking carefully about what I buy in the future! No more things just because I LIKE them -- I have to have a reason to use them.
I dug through the red fabric basket yesterday and realized I needed to go shopping. I mostly use monochromatic these days and have very little in the red fabric basket, which is hard to believe when it's overflowing.
|Lots of reds, but not what I need|
It's hilarious (NOT!) that most of what I bought over the years is NOT what I like to sew with. So how did that happen? I'll still use a lot of what is there, but a lot I won't, so it'll get used in Project Linus quilts.
I also learned that I can get 24 lap quilts from a roll of batting. Well, 23 and a bit, and I'll make up the difference from my batting stash. This remains for the next time I take on some Quilts of Valour quilts. The pieces are in a labeled bag, and they'll return to storage for the time being.
|The remainder of the roll of batting|
I need to get back to work on customer stuff, and the next round of community project quilting will be smaller quilts for teens. I want to use up all my flannel backing, so that will be the focus. I hope to do that in December/January timeframe.
It's a good thing I cleaned up the garage floor the other day. The doorbell rang yesterday, and I spotted this out front.
|A delivery truck|
OH --- I was expecting a delivery, but I didn't think it would come that quickly! So this new toy will sit in the garage for a couple of days until I can get to it. More on that another day!
|A new toy|
|Found spools of thread|
|My new embroidery project|
|My shopping spree - no fabric!|
|My green and blue threads|
|MOM --- a little help, please -- move the table!|
|Almost at the Leash Free Zone|
|Me and the girls|