OH --- Elle mentioned in the comments about waiting to see the BIG totals at the end of the year. The number of quilts made, donated, the fabric used, etc.
I am NOT good with that kind of stuff! Well, I am, sort of. I do have some tallies, but I doubt I've captured everything. I have a folder called "year-end review," and I think I put pictures in it at the beginning of the year, but it's missing lots. However, even the stuff I remember from the last couple of months will be impressive.
I'm now at the point where I'm telling people that my ENTIRE stash is up for grabs. WAIT --- that's not what I mean. The entire stash is in danger of BEING USED! All those beautiful flannels are waiting to be cut up for quilts, and once those are done, there's more where that came from. NOTHING is sacred, and NOTHING is being added. You have no idea how freeing this feels. I have precuts, kits, and scraps, and there will be some fabrics I'll hang onto, but as long as Diane keeps sewing, I'll keep her busy! Everyone needs a Diane!! Thanks again, Diane!!! I appreciate your help so much -- you have NO idea what you have helped me accomplish mentally and physically!
And honestly, it excites me to know that the amount of stuff is decreasing; even though we can't see any dents, in reality, HUGE dents have been created; you just can't see them yet! I'll try to find the before and after pictures.
It was a super productive day, although it didn't seem like it at the time.
I started the day by getting the binding on that quilt for the customer. It was a big quilt and seemed to take forever. However, the good news is that it's done and will be picked up tonight. The favor is repaid, and we are happy!
|Putting the binding on the customer quilt|
Here's the finished quilt.
|Finished quilt for a customer|
Then it was time to load a quilt I hoped to quilt in the afternoon. But a meeting scheduled for ONE hour led to more than 2 hours, so that didn't happen. The meeting was excellent, so I wasn't going to bow out earlier.
However, right after dinner, I did this. This is the first of the next group of eleven Quilts of Valour quilts I want to get done by November 11. Not a lot of time! It's trimmed and ready for the binding to be attached. I don't mind if the bindings are NOT on the quilts -- I just want them quilted.
|Quilts of Valour quilt -- Number one of eleven|
But back to the afternoon and what I managed to get done. See how easy it is to find a specific color of thread; when the spools are grouped by color, as they should have been much earlier. I don't think I need any red thread for a while.
|My red 50-weight threads|
But I managed to empty one more spool of thread in my next adventure for the afternoon. I haven't shown you the threads I bought at Salon Quebec yet, but there's no time to take pictures!
|Ran out of bobbin thread|
|Binding on a Project Linus quilt|
|Binding number two|
|Binding number three|
|A flaw in the fabric|
Wow! Talk about multitasking! I am so impressed about the amount of work that you turn out. It is truly lovely work as well. Just a suggestion-you could get a small person to color in your flawed backing fabric with permanent markers. Or not!ReplyDelete