Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Squeak, squeak, gone!

 I feel like I'm behind, and I've only got up! Actually, everything is on time! I want to do so much, but I can't quite yet. 

The writing is almost at an end. The last assignment was a struggle because I was doing something new or something I don't often do, and I didn't want to do either. My brain hurts! So much learning to do and then communicate in words. I just want it done so I can get downstairs and tidy up! After the writing is done, I might take the rest of the day to tidy up, which will make me feel better as I prep for the classes on the weekend!

HOWEVER -- what I worked on turned out AMAZING! I have to say I gave myself a pat on the back when I stood back and looked at it. I might just have to paint a room to make it fit! I LOVE IT, and you'll get to see it soon. 

Shoot -- I have to play with a couple of December dates before I repost the blog link with my classes for 2023 and some discussions in December. I forgot about Christmas and had to move some stuff. For some reason, I'm good at booking courses and letting people know, but I let the auto-fill deal with my calendar, and it messes things up! All the dates will be reposted TOMORROW. 

Here is the link to the August post to help you decide what you want to learn and how. Our time is precious. Don't feel you will miss something in one of my classes if you don't attend. You won't! I'll likely be teaching for many years and will lead this stuff repeatedly. 

Here's an example about signing up for everything -- I ran a class recently, and TWO of 15 had a show and tell. It's a teaching class, so if you don't do the homework or any work related to that topic -- what are you learning? 

People make mistakes and ask me how to correct them, but they never send pictures! So I am trying to explain to people that I NEED to see the errors, and I WANT mistakes, as that is how we all learn. And if everyone participated in the class and made mistakes, guess how much brighter we would all be? We would be geniuses! Mistakes are GOOD!!!! 

So if you are going to sign up or join those exploratory discussions, do so with the mindset that you want to learn, and learning is not listening! Not in the world of sewing! 

Occasionally, I sign up for a lecture to learn the topic. The courses I like are information-gathering sessions - and I have one of them today. For me, it's all about expanding my knowledge of a topic! 

I know many of you have already sent e-mails regarding the signups, and I'll be processing them in the next few days, so watch for an e-mail from me. 

And GUESS WHAT???? It's Virtual Retreat weekend this coming weekend. How did that creep up on us so quickly? 


Here's the link to Saturday, November 26, starting at 6 PM. 


Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89254233911?pwd=VGQrTnFybW1HMWpleHA4M2Q2NGVwZz09 Meeting ID: 892 5423 3911 Passcode: 982797


And here's the link to Sunday, November 27, starting at NOON.


Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81693717518?pwd=STNoVVQzbDd4ZnROQndNNlpvcC90QT09 Meeting ID: 816 9371 7518 Passcode: 579285



Guess what? My Quilting Advent Calendar box arrived!

Quilt Advent Calendar


What's inside?? I can't wait to start opening the packages on December 1. It's not very heavy, nor very big, but you know what they say about good things coming in small packages! 

OK -- so I have searched high and low for those dustcloths. It's driving me crazy. They must be in the same spot as the fabric for my butterfly quilt. And they are lime green, so how could I miss those? However, I managed to find a different one in Studio U, so I snagged that one to use downstairs. The dust is driving me mad! Funny how the dust down there drives me mad, yet I don't see dust in any other spot in the house!

At last -- a dustcloth


Well, it doesn't matter -- I have a dustcloth, and this afternoon, I won't be afraid to use it! I can dust while listening to the lecture! 

When I was at the pet store the other day, I spotted a small squeaky toy, so I bought it for Murphy. Toys are beneath Lexi. And so you know Lexi's background, she was rescued from Qatar - the land of princesses! Yes --- the land that spent multi-billions of dollars to become the soccer world for a month - the land of high temperatures! Why someone would have a Husky in Qatar is beyond me. So now you know why she is a princess. 

I give Murphy credit for holding off for five days before killing the squeaky toy! It's gone now. She chewed a hole in the bottom but had fun doing it, so it was worth the $2,99. 



Mom -- Thanks - that was so satisfying! 




Well, I'm off to spin class this morning! The weather has been excellent for walking in the afternoon and even for walking the girls in the morning. Get out there! 

Have a super day!!

Ciao!!







No comments:

Post a Comment