Saturday, January 13, 2024

I got a NEW COMPUTER!!!!

OK -- so technically, I did NOT get a new computer, BUT with everything I did yesterday, it sure acts like a new computer. It's FAST! I don't hear the hard disk laboring. Searches are FAST, and they seem to be complete. 

YES -- I know I should know better -- I have some knowledge of computers. I just didn't realize what was happening, and it mostly had to do with OneDrive, which I started using several years ago. The bottom line? I'm way more knowledgeable because something "bad" happened. That's how we learn in anything! Miskates are the best way of learning, even though this one caused no end of grief with those distribution lists. 

I still need to figure out copying versus moving. I start out moving, and then it turns into a copy. So that's on the agenda to figure out. However, once I copied files, I DELETED them!!! 


Copying thousands of files


Then I cleaned trash cans, and I believe I have 70 GB of space on my hard drive! Yahoo!!!!! So now the big thing will be to keep an eye on what's happening and continue cleaning up the files. I have my file structure in place for 2024 and will add to it as necessary. I'm filing like mad, and well, things are looking up!! 

So YES, resolving this issue has been a struggle for almost THREE weeks, but let's hope we are over the mess. I want to thank everyone for their patience as I struggled to get the correct e-mails into the distribution lists. I need to catch up on other paperwork, so bear with me. 


I got a chuckle when I went to the dollar store to look at potential journal-making supplies. Do you think this was named intentionally, or did something get lost in translation? 

Thread cutter


Look what else I spotted at the store. Good grief -- is this legitimate? For that price? I hardly think so. 

Star Wars fabric at the dollar store


I didn't buy anything- I was only on a scouting mission. Then I went to the mall looking for a yarn needle. I have loads of yarn needles, but not one with a loop on the end instead of an eye, and this would be a very handy thing to have. I had seen online that Wal-Mart had them, so on my walk, I popped in to see if I could find them. Nope - they didn't have them in the store. Hmmm -- I wonder if there is a knitting store nearby? 

Christmas is over, and they are taking down the giant Christmas tree in the center area. 


The Christmas tree is being dismantled


It's a beautiful tree, but of course, it's fake. It's all built on a wire structure, but the top is one piece. I would have loved to see them work on it. Shoot- I should have been there earlier this week! 

It pays to go through your supplies from time to time! Remember, I had sorted my stabilizers a while back. Well, imagine my surprise when someone asked me if I knew where to buy this. 

Ricky Tims Stabilizer


Well, as a matter of fact, I have a BRAND NEW unopened package, so I'm arranging to get it to her. I might use this, but I am unlikely to use it now if I haven't used it in more than 15 years. So that should leave today! Yeah -- one more thing gone. And I'm not sure I would have remembered that I had that if I hadn't been in the stabilizer drawers a couple of weeks ago. 

I don't know where the time is going. I have deadline stuff to do, and I have sewing, and I can't seem to get myself organized to do either. But I must! 

I have stuff to put away in Studio B as well. There are still quilt tops from Diane and everything from the retreat sitting neatly in the middle of the floor. 

Stuff that needs to be put away


And there was stuff on the cutting table, but it all got moved to the pile on the floor so I could cut some blocks yesterday. 

Stuff on the cutting table


I have one Zoom presentation today and one in-person event. And, of course, we had a blizzard last night. However, it's questionable as to whether one needs to shovel. The snow turned to rain, and a lot of it has gone. However, I'm going to go out, and it's not going to be pleasant as it's still raining, but the temperature is going to drop, and that will cause nightmares, so I'll shovel in a bit. It will be heavy with all that moisture, but it must be done! 

I had to stop at the grocery store on my walk, and I think I know what's going into that space -- Goodlife Fitness for Women. They have a space in the loft area of the grocery store, but I guess they want to expand. I wonder why they went for the fancy new roof for the sign. That seemed like a lot of money when it wasn't necessary. 

Goodlife coming!

Look at that logo; it looks like it is the same color as the new section!!!!


So Murphy is just trouble! With all the high winds, some branches have fallen in the forest. Someone pushed one off to the side, but I wanted to put it completely off the path. Of course, she ignored the branch until I tried to pick it up! 



MOM -- just trying to help!


And what's with this? While Little Bear has a comfy bed and a small quilt, he loves to sleep on the briefcases/backpack on the floor in DH's office. So I put his quilt on the briefcase, and he slept on the floor. Maybe he's too hot! 


Grandma -- I'm too HOT! 

On that note, I'm out of here! I've got slush to shovel, dogs to walk, and a class to teach. 

Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment