Wednesday, March 6, 2024

The girls and the boy are NEEDY!!

I survived another day! Actually, it wasn't too bad once I got all the equipment set up for the second Zoom call. When the Zoom session is about software, the set-up is easy because everything is on the computer. But when it comes to showing the sewing machines, I need to do a bit more work. This is what it looked like last night behind the scenes. 


Behind the scenes on a Zoom call

I was too far away from my computer for my liking, so I need to rearrange that a bit. It gets tight with tripods and tables to hold things. And then, for the life of me, I couldn't get one camera to work. I tested it, so what's wrong? After the call, I realized that I had plugged it into my switch box and needed to use the box, NOT the computer, to switch it. Sigh!! I'm smarter than I know I am!

I have two more Zooms tonight, which will be better because I'll remember that camera. It drives me CRAZY when people hold things up to their cameras on the computer, and that's what I did last night. Sigh.............

I've been using Grammarly for quite some time to assist with spelling and grammar for everything I write. I was always bored with grammar in school, and I wish I had paid more attention. While Grammarly is NOT a learning tool, if you pay enough attention to it, you can improve, which is what has happened over the years. 

While the writing may not be perfect, it's better, and I must say that I read things in a different light. Some writing is terrible, especially from years in the past when writing styles were - well, different. 

For the most part, I like Grammarly, but it keeps changing its format, and sometimes, it makes things worse than they were, and their suggestions could be better! They now add this cute little message at the end of an editing session. The other day, it said I did a good job and could have a cookie!!

My "good job" message on Grammarly

I don't know what was going on at our house yesterday, but all the dogs were NEEDY!! I've never seen them so clingy in my life. I suspect Murphy is getting jealous or fed up with Bear and needs MORE attention. 


MOM -- PET ME and ONLY ME!!!


They each get their separate walk, and they want more! They all want to go first, which is impossible. They all want to be fed first, which is also impossible. None want to stay outside for a long time; they must be in the house with ME! DH is away this week, so that may have something to do with it. 

As I was in my meeting yesterday, Bear had to sit on my lap or make noise!! As I was on my final Zoom call, he stood behind me and started barking, so I had to sit with him on my lap during the call!! What a fluff ball!!


Curled up and quiet



And then, while I was at the table, reading over some sewing machine manuals, the three surrounded me like I was holding food for them. I wasn't even eating at this point, and they were there!

Help - surrounded by dogs!


And afterward, when they retired to the family room, they were still watching me. 

MOM -- we're watching you! 


They sure are funny! But I could do without such clingy dogs! It's not like they don't get attention during the day!!

Maybe they were worried because, at one point, when I was downstairs, Murphy "attacked" the back door again. That girl goes crazy when she sees a squirrel and knows she can't get out, but she thinks she can. She has a deep, throaty bark and did this multiple times while I was working downstairs. So I yelled at her. Yep --- a loud yell since I was downstairs and no one else was home. Perhaps I scared them all! 

Needless to say, Murphy did NOT bark for the remainder of the day! Murphy is like that, though -- so full of enthusiasm, and the only way to get through to her is to be LOUD and in her face. Otherwise, she just thinks you are talking to her!! Muprhy is so much better on our walks. Whenever we see someone on an e-scooter, I make her sit, and she watches, but she no longer tries to go for them. 

But from time to time, I make her sit down, and we have a chat on the walk! I bet in her head, all she hears is BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, Murphy, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!! 

I swear, as much as I try to keep this guy clean, it doesn't work. His legs are grey again, and that's after just a few days from his bath. Hey -- he walks in the forest daily, and keeping him white is impossible! And I have to keep the gunk out of his eyes. That's not a pleasant job, but we're trying!

GRANDMA doesn't do the same job as my MOM does!!!



But he is cute whether he is dirty or not! 


Are the mall people happy with this giant ball they built? I mean, it sure opens up the space and provides light, but what about maintenance? Who cleans that thing? Can you even clean that thing? I had an errand at the mall, and as I went up the escalator, I'm always fascinated by the escalator. 

The mall ball



I didn't get a chance to sew anything, but I managed to take those last two blocks apart that I had switched around. It didn't need to be done, but they will look better this way. My two presentations are this evening, and while I have to zip around and find some samples and prep a small demo or two, there is little to do. So that means I'll be getting a writing assignment done. 

For the life of me, I did a project a couple of weeks ago, and I can't remember why I did it. OH -- as soon as I wrote that, I remembered. I got my topics and sample supplies ready for a week of writing and will work on that this afternoon. I MUST get a few paperwork things done this morning. 

Did you see the GIANT Cutter yesterday? It'll be available in Canada starting April 1!!!!!!

On that note, I'm off to spin class!! 

Have a great day!!!

Ciao!!!









1 comment: