Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Don't forget your friends!!!

I have to make this short and sweet this morning. Lots going on and I have already spent a lot of time sending e-mails. Teaching classes and setting up lists takes a LONG time.

You know how details can slip through the cracks - well I feel really bad about one detail that didn't even slip - it was just COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN.

Each year at our quilt show - we make quilt blocks as part of a competition. Those blocks then get made into the next raffle quilt. Well the lady from my committee was in charge of those blocks is the NICEST MOST GIVING lady you could ever meet. She always has a smile and would give you the shirt off her back. She has given a lot to the guild. She has been quite ill over the last little while and never complains AND takes the bus to most of her treatments. She is one gutsy lady.

Well - I completely forgot about the blocks and the fact that we would need them for the next raffle quilt. I called and spoke to her at great length last night and here she was worried about FAILING the guild because she was too exhausted to deal with the quilt. OH MY GOD - I FEEL BAD!!!!!!    How could I be so stupid to have forgotten this important thing. I should have taken this off her hands MONTHS AGO.

She was THRILLED that I called her and said her prayers had been answered since she was too proud to ask for help.

Bottom line - just because someone is ill - DO NOT FORGET them. I had NOT forgotten her, just that she had that project.

The other thing and I am NOT good at this - don't forget to send cards!!!!!!1    Think of all those people in your life whose day would be brightened because someone sent them a card. And how many of us have boxes of cards that we bought with good intentions - GET THOSE CARDS OUT - choose an appropriate one and send it to someone TODAY!!!!!!!  

I dug out a couple last night and going to get them in the mail today.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment