Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I am SO LUCKY!!!!!!

 I was quilting a fleece panel yesterday for myself. As I went to load the panel, I looked at the edge of the fleece trying to determine the right and wrong side. I thought - oh this side looks nicer. I load it on the machine and am merrily quilting along. Then I get to the bottom of the panel - OMG - there are WORDS on this panel. Did I load it the right way??????  

YES I DID - thank goodness. I almost had a heart attack. Now it is just for me, but still it would have bugged me a LOT if the writing had been backwards. And I could have taken the quilting out, but I was almost done!!!!!


Fleece panel (quilted to a fleece backing - no batting)

Yes - I love to challenge myself. Fleece on fleece. No stretching.


Here are the words!!!   (the right way)

The quilting on the back

This panel came from the bindings/backing/borders buckets (I am going to call these buckets the BBB from now on). I also found a hunk of binding (flannel). I think this is left over from when I made another one of these panels last year. But I could tell from looking at the bundle that there was NOT enough to bind the panel. 

AH - but the fabric happens to be the same as the binding I had just made for the Monday Motivator quilt. I dug out the remainder of that fabric and with a couple of scraps I found in the bundle and two strips - I had enough to make the binding. 

The leftover binding 


OK - so I am getting LUCKY or just making good decisions intuitively??????



I have one more small project of mine for the long arm and then back to customer stuff.


Got another monkey off my back by fixing M's pants that had been sitting here for a long time. I think my sewing machine almost had a heart attack when I asked it to MEND!!!!!  

Mended pants


And then back to Sylvia's Bridal Sampler (Elm Creek). So much for intentions to have all the blocks done by the end of the year.


One more block done!!!!

And another (talk about small - look at those 9-patches!!!! - they  are just SLIGHTLY under 1 3/4" UNFINISHED!!!!!)

All the blocks so far!!!!


Amazing how I haven't even touched the 2012 shelf of projects yet and STILL NOTHING to put in my COMPLETED journal for the year. Good grief - what is happening?????   Making progress on the bindings, but they take time. And I am slow only because I am tired by the time I get there.

And errands - good grief - I was out for 3 hours yesterday - picking up stuff, dropping off kids, picking up kids and poof - the entire afternoon was gone. And more sorting and organizing - putting away Christmas decorations and trying to figure out what to do with that storage room to make it more efficient as a storage room. One of the things I picked up - the FOURTH INSTALLMENT of the Border Creek Mystery!!!!!   No time right now to sew it up.

I am happy with my progress though so I am not going to complain. Just slow and steady is going to be the theme of the year. Just keep working and it will happen.  But I am starting to think about my upcoming year long projects and well - I'm not worried YET, but oh boy - there is a LOT of work to be done.


On that note - I've got another play date planned for today and I had better get ready.


Have a great day!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment