Friday, January 27, 2012

Pictureless

Just when you need a camera!!!!!!   Shoot we had a guild meeting last night and half way there, I realized that I had left not one, but BOTH cameras at home. Drat - I guess I could have taken pictures with my phone, but I hate taking pictures (even though I can actually take pictures now!!!!)

Anyway - I taught a class last weekend on miniature quilts and I was AMAZED at how many people had completed or almost completed their quilts. That was VERY EXCITING. I LOVE seeing what everyone has done. Way to go everyone!!!!!!    Gosh - I don't think I posted those pictures. Well there have been a LOT of classes lately and I have TONS to post.

I just need to get over today and tomorrow and things will calm down. Tomorrow is my BIG class and I am slowly getting there. It is going to be tight and today I have a TIME CONSUMING errand that HAS to be done TODAY.

Most of what I did yesterday I CANNOT show you today. Some I can't show since it was for a tinners project or the retreat exchange. Some are the blocks for the classes tomorrow and I can't give the students a heads up on what they are going to.

But I did get a couple of things done that I can show you.

A senior lap quilt - DONE!!!!!!

Finished the table runner that is a sample for an upcoming class at Brampton Sew n Serge

All the quilting is DONE

And the label is even sewn on - I did that at the quilt meeting and of course - NO CAMERA to prove that it is DONE
It was pretty funny actually because I had the sewing machine on all day - ooops - going to paper piece - change the foot and the settings. Oh now I am piecing - change the foot - and the stitch length - now I am appliquing - get a DIFFERENT foot and change the thread. Now to the other machine to quilt. Worked like a charm - no problem with the threads or the machine. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my set up.

Have to run because I am searching my books (OK - so I NEED to get them sorted and in that electronic database!!!!!) as I am looking for THREE books this morning.

Oh yes - how is this for WEIRD coincidence.

The speaker last night was Lucy Ann Halliday and she was speaking about quilting in England. She focused on an area - Durham. and mentioned a couple of names of people (George Gardiner) who really pushed quilting. Guess what - my great great grandfather is from the Durham area and guess what his last name is - GARDINER!!!!!!!  (There is even a George in the family)  How weird is that!!!!   Something else to research - was any of my family involved in this Durham Quilting????? And I saw one of the books that Lucy Ann had with her about Durham quilting. I think I looked at it recently and then did NOT buy it (that is one I am looking for - did I buy it or not?????).  Now I want a copy of the book - it is called Durham Quilting. Wow - this is exciting!!!!!!  


Now I just need the time to properly follow up on everything and my assignments from my writing class and my two magazine articles are staring me in the face. Well - I must get my butt in gear and get some searching done.


Have a good day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment