Thursday, January 12, 2012

I have to be careful!!!

So yes I have been working on stuff but some of it is prep work for upcoming classes. Namely the assignment the students will get each month. And I bet there are a few who would see the work on my blog and then GET that work done BEFORE the class. As a result there is some work I WILL NOT post until after the class.

This weekend, getting ready for Christmas Club. I already showed you the O Tannenbaum quilt yesterday - well since I showed a lot, they have no idea what assignment they will actually get. Let's just say that I have been cutting and photocopying ALL FOR THEM!!!!    Hmmmm - that will get them puzzling for a couple of days. And working on A Critter Christmas as well. There is still time to sign up for one or both of the projects. They are both CUTE CUTE CUTE and I am making a PROMISE to myself that I WILL get them completed this year.

But I have been doing other stuff as well and I can show you that.

I managed to get another customer quilt done.


Customer quilt DONE!!!!!


I have to put the binding on and hand stitch it down. That is a project for later tonight. Was going to get it done yesterday, but that didn't happen as I was working on these...............


Finished the binding on this little table topper. I hope to do more quilting on this - I know it doesn't need it, but I want to put some more quilting on it. And how long would it take???? The label is made and just needs to be stitched on once the quilting is done. 

This little quilt kept staring me in the face. There is a rack of MORE quilts waiting to be quilted that stares at me in front of the computer. It took me FIFTEEN minutes to finish the quilting on this. The binding is made and there is extra fabric with it to make a sleeve for the back. OK - when I put the binding on the customer quilt - I will put the binding on this as well. These are the scraps leftover (those little cut offs) from making a Thimbleberries quilt MANY MANY years ago. But it will be done soon!!!!!!


Also worked on something else last night, but can't show you. Don't want those students to know what I was doing!!!!!!


This next picture is for Carol. She likes carousel horses and this quilt was on the cover of New Zealand quilting Issue Number 76.

Ride With Me

This quilt was made for the Hoffman challenge by Joanne Mitchell (90 by 95cm). It won Best Overall Quilt and Viewers Choice. Apparently there is a sensor in the stirrup which starts the merry go around lights flashing and music playing!!!!!!    How cool is that!!!!!!!!  


Here is a test for you - how well do you know ME???????

I found this picture the other day when I was cleaning up. Can you find me????   I think there have been enough pictures of me on the blog that even if you don't know me, you can spot me. But what happened to my hair and what the heck am I wearing???????   Oh - those are BUSINESS clothes and a SKIRT no less.


Where am I??????



Yesterday was a GORGEOUS day here and so we could not resist the invitation to go to the dog park. The girls and their cousin Kaylee had a blast.


Kaylee and her GANG of friends!!!!!

Sammy likes to do her own thing and stick with US

Sparky (on the left) trying to get into the action with Kaylee and her friends!!!!!



The story of my life - packing up a bag and taking it to a class. And then when I get home, I have to unpack the bag. And funny how it always seems that I bring home MORE than what I took. How does that happen?????


My bags I brought home from Monday

I had a little shopping list with me (to finish up things that I was missing some fabric to complete) and that is why the bags were fuller on the way home.

And Flo saved me this ORANGE shopping bag from a quilt store in the US. Thanks Flo!!!!!!



Speaking of ORANGE - I just heard on the news that you should go for BRIGHT handbags this year. BRIGHT BOLD COLOURS. OMG - for once - I will be in style!!!!!


But speaking of orange - did you check out the new fabrics that The Quilt Patch posted on Facebook yesterday.

Orange flannels!!!!!!!!    
OK - so I stole that picture from Facebook!!!!    I had to sit on my hands to prevent them from grabbing the phone and ordering that fabric. I mean doesn't that scream warm cozy flannel quilt to you!!!!!   I did call a couple of my local stores to see if they had it - yes but NOT orange. OK - I think I will have to call them today and get them to make me up a quilt with these fabrics. Yes - that is what I will do. They have a couple of patterns - Hopscotch comes to mind that would be perfect for this.


I will have you note that I have NOT started any new projects this year   - yet................................



Have a look at this - we saw this when we were down town last week. It was so cute!!!!!


I don't this is what they mean when they say BABY Grand Piano. This was a pint sized baby grand piano. VERY CUTE!!!!!!


Well did you figure out who was me in that picture???????   Well here is a clue.......................



Isn't this a hoot!!!!!!!



Well I'm off to the gym this morning so I had better get myself organized and then a HUGE day ahead of me. The big question is what to work on????  A customer quilt or get more done for the weekend class???   And let's not forget the tinners project I have to prepare.

Do you know what tinners is????   You pick a theme - pick a container to put the project in - make a block and then each person in the group will work on a block for your project over the course of a year and I will make a block of each of the others. I have done a number of these, and when the Christmas Club asked me to organize one, I said YES (OK - I'm a sucker for these things). But I could NOT think of a theme. Well in talking to Marian the other day, the theme just POPPED into my head and I'm loving it. I have the whole idea in my head and now I need to make it happen. OK - so I better work on that today and tomorrow and the rest of the stuff for the two projects on Saturday.


Oh before I go - I did receive this picture from Kristin. This is her January project for the 12 for (20)12 project. Do you recognize this????   I just finished mine.

Kristin's January project for 12 for 12

Anita - did you get my message on where to sent the photo?????


It is NOT too late to get your picture posted. Come on - you know you have at least TWELVE projects and what better way to get motivated than have it published and NOW you have to commit to getting it done!!!!!

I had better dig my January project out and get working on it as well.


Well - got to run -


Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cool carousel quilt!
    Don't think I have ever seen you in those kind of shoes! Did the photographer coordinate your poses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine - I didn't get the message. Try this email: igotaroundtoit@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete