Sunday, March 18, 2012

Christmas Club REVEAL for March


Ah yes - it is time once again for the Christmas Club reveal. I am starting to be very afraid of this group. They can take a SIMPLE pattern and make it into something - well unexpected. It is actually very exciting to see how each person can interpret the SAME pattern into something completely different.

Let's start with A Critter Christmas by Brandywine Design.

A Critter Christmas

Homework for March - TWO present blocks (these are mine)

Homework for March - Kitten in a stocking (this is mine)


OK - let's see what they did..................................


Virginia is hand stitching hers down and a bit more work to be done here. But it is looking great. I LOVE the fabric she chose for the trim of the stocking!!!!

Karen - OK - so there is the kitten (a Bengal kitten no less) on the right, but somehow presents became a SHEEP. But look how nattily the sheep is dressed. A beautiful tam and scarf!!!!

Raili fussy cut a teddy bear instead of a kitten for her stocking. And nice touch with the presents - she used a striped fabric very cleverly as ribbon for the presents.

Linda (our over achiever!!!) put fur trim on the kitten's stocking cap and used a fuzzy fabric for the kitten face. And she also used a striped fabric for her ribbon - but look how a different strip gives a completely different look (Raili's and Linda's). I love it!!!!!!   And YES - those black and white four patches are left overs from the mini class I taught a while back that Linda had attended. 

Pat also used some fuzzy fabric for the trim on her stocking and she stuffed the kitten. Looks cute!!!!

Beth - although you can't tell from the picture used the "wrong" side of the background fabric. The "right" side was a bit too strong. I love this side - it is not often that you get a print that you can do this with, but when you can - it is a bonus. Nice choice of fabrics for the presents!!!!

Tony couldn't attend yesterday, but got his homework done!   I have such a good group or is it the fact that they will have to pay a penalty that makes them get the work done??????   Anyway - nicely done Tony - love the striped fabric on the stocking and the trim on the hat!!!!

Mary couldn't attend yesterday either - something about breaking her foot!!!!   Oh dear, but she also got her homework done. And how cute is this!!!!!!    The kitten looks super once his face is stitched. And you may not be able to see it, but she added stitches around the heel and toe of the stocking - very cute!!!!!

Mary's present - nice stitching on the ribbon

Mary's other present block

Flo was away as well - which is more important - playing bridge or sewing????   Well she got he blocks done and that's all that counts. I LOVE the stocking trim fabric!!!!!!  


Pat - these are Pat's blocks from the previous month. I love that gold trim in between the heart blocks.


And there you have it - what a SUPER creative group. How they can take a simple pattern and change it up - well - they are just GREAT.


Now for the homework for this month.


Star blocks - there are THREE star blocks - I only have two complete


And the chickadee


These blocks all get sewn together as one block.

For those of you who do not have the stitching done yet - it would be good to try and catch up on that. If not - it will be time to sew the quilt together and you will be scrambling.


I am having a Pampered Sit n Sew today and I won't have time to do the other show n tell right now - hopefully when everyone has gone home, I will get a few minutes to post those pictures.

First - I have a couple of other pictures I thought I would share with you.

Normally when I buy something, I keep pretty good track in my mind what I have bought. Sometimes - well sometimes I guess I see a "theme" in the fabric - buy it and shelve it. Case in point - this....................


Remember this from yesterday?????   I think it was Yoga fabric number 2 or was that 3. Well I bought another piece of word fabric yesterday and when I went to file it - guess what I saw RIGHT ON TOP. Yep - I already had a piece of this, but only 1/2 meter. There is a smidgen of information on the selvedge and I spent some time trying to track down the company, designer, etc. I finally found an e-mail for the designer and trying to find out where it was sold. I'm thinking and from my research - I bought it at Joanne's when I was in the US at Christmas time. DUH!!!!!!!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO   - if Carol is reading this while she is in the US - and has a chance to get to a Joann's perhaps she could think to get me TWO meters of it?????????    Carol - are you listening??????

Saw this fellow on my way home and the camera was on the front seat - that is hard work and you don't get a break going down hill either - you have to pedal EVERY step of the way

This unicycle had a steering wheel and it is weirdly placed - well the poor fellow looks like he is grabbing himself all the time!!!!!   

Oh something I can show you - I got these blocks done for the Halton Hills guild. It is their February block of the month. Isn't it cute!!!!!!!!

And here is Raili with a CUTE CUTE CUTE t-shirt that her daughter bought her. Now to be COPYRIGHT correct - this t-shirt is designed by Grimm and if you want to see other stuff they have designed (lots of it is CUTE CUTE CUTE) - check out this web site




Grimm Inc



(Don't want any lawyers on my tail because I didn't give credit where credit is due). But isn't that t-shirt a riot. I love it.


One more show n tell. Helen Anne finished this block of the month by Pat Sloan. Her mom started it a while back, then Beryl got sick and left a LOT of stuff undone in the sewing room. Helen Anne and her sister Karen are slowly working their way through the projects. Great job Helen Anne - I am sure your mom would be proud of you for finishing this for her!!!!!!!


On that note - I am off to get ready for the girls. I am the LEAST prepared of any time. The room is a mess, need to pass the vaccuum, but at least LUNCH is simmering on the stove!!!!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Joanns is likely on the agenda for tomorrow. they only have a smaer one in ocala, but we will probably get to a larger one sometime on this trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yoga fabric - can you tell me the name and designer etc of this material? Thanks for your help. Karen

    ReplyDelete