Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Under the influence.......................

Wow - yesterday was a happening day. I don't have many pictures to show you, but a LOT happened.

I received an e-mail from the designer of the green/white fabric (Janet White) and she CONFIRMED that the fabric was sold at Joann's in the US. It is called Back in Five Minutes.


This was all the information I had on the selvedge, but it was enough to track Janet down. 

I now have TWO people checking out a couple of Joann's to see if they can get it for me. But if any of you are in the US and live close to a Joann's and can check for me - I would love that. I'll reimburse you of course!!!!

I also contacted the store that sold that nice yoga bag pattern that I posted the other day and as soon as I confirm the Paypal transaction - that will be winging its way to me as well.  Oh my goodness - it doesn't take much to get me excited!!!!!!

Awesome looking yoga bag



I love taking a tidbit of information and then searching it out on the internet.

And then you have Marian. What can I say about Marian??????   So despite the fact that we had seen each other at Monday Motivators and that I am SUPER BUSY, she ended up coming to my house after Monday Motivators and was here for HORUS. While I DID NOT make any progress in my current project - we had a million laughs and made HUGE leaps and bounds in something else - which I can't share at this moment. But it involved the internet and searching and one of the items we were looking for was potentially with a neighbour - well a house just around the corner from where I live. A quick text to the owner and their equally quick text back - no that was NOT what we were looking for. OH MY GOD - you are going to just die laughing when you see what we are up to. However that cannot be revealed until sometime in May - sorry - but it is pretty FUNNY.

All I can say is that she definitely is my GO TO person. I come up with a concept, an idea and then she takes it even further and (well it gets out of hand sometimes) and she convinces me that there are certain things that I NEED. And well the rest is history.  What can I say - I know we will get a LOT of mileage out of this one - you just wait.

Then there was even more EXCITEMENT yesterday. While at Monday Motivators, I get an e-mail from my cycling buddy Jim and his wife Jeanne (of The Quilt Patch fame) and they just saw my article in the Canadian Cycle magazine. OH MY GOD - I have been waiting for that magazine to come out for a long time. And when I got home - there is was - in my MAILBOX.......................


Current Issue - Canadian Cycling

And there it is - MY ARTICLE


This is so cool!!!!!!!


And then to make my day even more exciting - my second article this month in A Needle Pulling Thread was also in my mailbox!!!!!!!


Current issue - A Needle Pulling Thread

This issue is CHOCK a BLOCK full of EXCITING projects. Oh my - I want to make them all!!!!!!!!
And if for no other reason - buy it for the AMAZING tutorial on squaring up blocks. You will love it!!!!!!

The article on Squaring up Blocks!!!!!


And here is a SNEAK PEEK at what I am currently working on for A NEEDLE PULLING THREAD

Now it doesn't look too exciting, but wait until you see the final project and hear the story. 



OH MY GOD - what a whirlwind day. Like I said - I got NOTHING done. Too much excitement.

Now I mentioned a couple of days ago that something was going to have to change in my life. Well - Monday Motivators is going to have to find a new venue. The Hobby Horse Quilt Shoppe who has provided space for us to sew for 10 years (I can't believe it has been that long) is going be closed on Mondays starting July1. The Monday Motivator group took the news in stride and immediately began putting forth ideas for a new location. I think we are all excited about a change - let's get a place with WINDOWS!!!!!!   - I love bright spaces.

Let's see - did anything else happen?????   No - I think that was enough excitement for one day.

However - I am having trouble with my scheduling. I got up this morning - prepare myself for yoga at 6:30 AM. I arrive in plenty of time (took me FIVE minutes to drive to the club). Only to have the fellow at the desk ask me if I was going to the Pilates class. No - yoga I said. Oh - that was at 6 AM this morning. CRAP CRAP CRAP. I should have looked at the schedule because I could have made it - just wasn't paying attention. I will go later today - there are some classes around dinner time. DUH!!!!!!!!!    OK - need to ACTUALLY PUT THOSE CLASSES in the agenda - not in my head!!!!!!!!!


Well on that note - I must finish getting ready for my class this morning.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     (hopefully not filled with as much excitement as yesterday!!!!!)


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 comment:

  1. Where is Needle Pulling Thread distributed. I have never seen it on the shelves. I mostly look at Shoppers Drug Mart. Is it in Chapters?

    ReplyDelete