Monday, March 12, 2012

A license to EAAT

So I am trying to download the data from my bike computer. Why????   Well - it appears that I got out on my bike on Sunday. Yes - imagine that. I haven't been out since I tore the tendon in my knee back in July. While it still has its' moments, I don't think there is much more that can be done for it. Baring surgery and even then - I don't think it will get any better. So.........................    enough skulking in the background - get that bike out and see what can be done. Even the physiotherapist suggested that biking would be good for it.

The temperature cooperated and I was going cycling. It took a while to get myself together. I had to put the front tire on the bike. Then pump up the tires. Now where are those cycling clothes?????   OK - I'm ready. Oops - where are the sunglasses. Took a spin up my street just to make sure everything was OK. Oh drat - forgot a water bottle. It was one of those days - gosh - I AM OUT OF PRACTICE.

I finally got myself together and I was off for a 25 KM ride or my knee starts to hurt or let's just see where I end up. Well the ride was AWESOME despite the wind. I ended up doing 61 KM. At times it was slow because of the wind and OH MY - I had forgotten some of those nasty hills around here with 12 - 14% grade. Ouch!!!!!    But my knee held up through it all.

I literally ran out of gas at one point. I was starting to crash because I DID NOT bring any food with me. DRAT!!!!   Oh - I know where there is a gas station and they have CHOCOLATE. Ah - that is much better. You see - riding a bike is like a license to eat. In those three hours - I expended almost 2000 calories. Nope - that is NOT a typo. And because I hadn't taken food with me - well I ran out of energy - literally. When I got home - I was a tad stiff, but nothing that a little bit of ice and LOTS of food wouldn't fix.

Now I am trying to download the data from the bike computer and well - it just isn't working. OK - so I forgot my password and user ID. I really need to write these things down. They are all a combination of each other and I can never remember which is which. I don't know how people can hack in when I can't even remember them myself!!!!!!!!   Bottom line - I will get the information tomorrow when they are open and I"M BACK on my bike. I am SO EXCITED.

And all the workouts at the gym - well I am hungry these days. But cycling - well cycling is just a license to eat. I lost at least 10 pounds on each of the two bike trips I took - the trick is to keep it off and this winter - I DID!!!!!   Despite all those damn cookies at Christmas.


I am going to have to switch to doing the blog at night. Why??????   Well it seems that I am working out at the gym EVERY morning. This morning - it was with Alwin at 7 AM. Tomorrow - yoga at 6 AM. I know - crazy, but I am loving it and this is WHAT I USED TO DO - every morning. My dogs are totally confused, but they will figure it out.

And yes I am still quilting. I am working on a couple of big projects which at this point are a secret. Well one of them is and so you can't see any of it yet. Then there are a couple of events I am organizing and the details are not quite worked out so they are secret - well sort of - for the moment. All I will tell you is that if you want a GOOD TIME and LOTS OF LAUGHS - save these dates - Monday evening - October 15 and Tuesday in the day time. It is going to be FUN FUN FUN. Stay tuned for those details soon.

I managed to actually get some sewing done for me.

Another BBB - this time - the lap size Day and Night quilt
Lots more progress being made but at this point, nothing too exciting to show you.

OK - time to catch up on Scrabble and then off to bed.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment