Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A simple sample........................



Oh boy - when I start looking through this MESS (well the project to be done shelf) - the number of samples boggles my mind. So many of them started and just NOT finished.

I had to teach a class this past weekend - Day and Night by Eleanora Burns.


Day and Night by Eleanora Burns

Now I taught this class a number of years ago so there was a BOX to open. And what did I find in the box?????  
The main quilt top - NO borders.......

The off cuts NOT sewn together. (I have since sewn them together, but not before I had to make one complete unit that you see at the top of the picture). The old me - would probably have left that. 

Anyway - that star shaped block above gets trimmed down to a square and made into a small quilt like above. I am working on the assembly of those star blocks. 

Also found this bag of off cuts (you get THREE quilts out of the design). And this ruler that I didn't realize I had. Haven't progressed on this one yet

This is what the second small quilt looks like

A pile of scraps to be picked apart and sorted - might be able to use some in the  Spider Web mini quilt

And fabric for the borders. 


It is REALLY REALLY SAD to see all this stuff just sitting there. The old me would have shoved it all into the box (since the class is done) and left it. The new me is going to try and finish up the three quilts - the big question - WHERE TO FIND THE TIME??????????????????????



Now I am behind on my 12 for (20)12 for the year and I will bring you up to date on that another day, but here is the March project. Again - ANOTHER sad story. This quilt was started many years ago and LEFT like this........................


Storm at SEA - and yes all that was in the pizza box - MOST of it CUT and ready to sew. A perfect ENDERS and LEADERS project which I am doing 

A number of books and patterns (obviously I taught this as a class and I left everything in the box)

Extra fabric because I do think I am missing a few pieces (there is a note in the box telling me that)

Some pieces are cut and many components are already together and just need to be sewn into the blocks

And LOOK - I found a Marti Michell template. Hmmmmmmm - must not have been using that template set because I didn't even know I was missing it. 




I did manage to get to Ruti's to see what I could find to help finish that mystery.


Original choice of fabric - over powers the border which I love

Found this in my stash - better

Going to make it blue/yellowish green. It doesn't over power the border and I might try to find a way to work some of that yellow in the center block - maybe replace the orange with the yellow. Having trouble with colours on this one. 


On that note - I have to get to work - I have TWO MAJOR customer projects due before the end of March. Oh MY - how did that happen??????   And there are FOUR customer quilts to get done. Plus all the ongoing class prep. Well we don't think about that - just make my list for the day and focus on the list.


I drove past the new gym last night. OH MY GOD - that place is gorgeous. I may never come back home. The outdoor pool - looks like a resort - the chairs are out and I bet we could go swimming today - it is gorgeous outside. M is excited and wants to hang out there this summer. I say GO FOR IT.  I am just worried about being OVER CROWDED. Well - hope to take pictures today and show you tomorrow.


Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment