Tuesday, March 27, 2012

INSPIRATION comes POURING in!!!!!!


My head is about ready to explode. Last week at Brampton Guild we had Elaine Quehl as our speaker. Last night at Halton Hills, we had Elizabeth Dillenger. WOW - MY head is spinning. I have so many ideas, so many inspirations, I WANT TO DO IT ALL!!!!!!!!

Here are some close ups of some of Elizabeth's work. Not only is she talented, but she is a good speaker. Very entertaining. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and from the response of the rest of the members - I think that everyone enjoyed themselves. Have a peek...........................

Top of one piece - heavily thread painted with Sulky
Top of another piece - again - heavily thread painted - glitter on that flower. I mean these are GORGEOUS

This is the BACK of the one above. The backs are as beautiful as the fronts!!!!!!


And I just happen to be sitting here with a sunflower that is stuck down and needing something. This technique would be perfect to finish it off. Hmmmmmmm - do I have time????? NO - next week, but not today.


This piece just danced. She used FOIL for some of the gold and CRYSTALS. LOTS and LOTS of crystals. Just stunning. 

And I COULD NOT help myself. I was going to buy ONE kit, but I couldn't decide so I bought both. Hmmmmm - I think some of the girls know me too well because when I got back to my chair, they said "You bought BOTH didn't you????"  Can't pull the wool over these girls!!!!!!
Art of Fabric

Check out the link above - that is the name of her company/store (yes - she has a store)

Anyway - it was a great meeting and I have to say that that group of ladies is very fun. Or perhaps everyone was just in a good mood last night!!!!!


And look what I GOT last night. I mean everyone kept coming up to me and handing me RED fabric. Just what I need - RED fabric!!!!!!


Red fabric

Actually I asked for it. This is for our upcoming raffle quilt and it is going to be classic red/white and here are the reds I have so far. They all look yummy and while some look a tad orangey in the picture, this is going to add some character to the quilt (and they are NOT that orange in real life). I LOVE them and I want to win this quilt even though we haven't even started it yet.


Someone else gave me these strips - I am sorry - I do not remember who, But thank you to who ever you are. I LOVE THEM.
 Susan gave me this little clipping below. Before she gave it to me - she asked if I was a Virgo. Yes - well have a read.

I mean - is that PERFECT or what!!!!!!!    That is EXACTLY what I have been struggling with all week.


I am happy to report that the massive project is almost done. Of course there is some hand stitching and it is almost ready for that point. I will be taking it with me on the retreat and will get it done. The owner is coming next Tuesday to pick it up.


And now that leaves me with TWO crisis projects - one that is due on Sunday and one that is due by Wednesday (next week). Oh - and let's not forget the class tomorrow that I forgot about. Wouldn't be a problem, except that I am away for FOUR days. Let's just say that today and tomorrow will be a tad busy. BUT - I AM going to yoga this morning at 9:30 AM. The old me would say - I don't have time. Now - I don't care!!!


Oh yes - M went to yoga last night. The first time she came with me - it was just regular yoga. Last night, it was HOT yoga (fitness yoga????) and she was SWEATING and they had to do sit ups?????    Welcome to the world of HOT yoga. It is bizarre, but fun. I forgot to ask her if she liked it??????


Yesterday was MM and last night was guild night. Means that I had TWO bags sitting here waiting for me to unpack this morning. Normally I unpack when I get home, but I was exhausted after MM. Not that MM was exhausting, but I had been up since 4:30 AM, had not slept well and was just tired. I lay on the sofa and am barely asleep - BUZZ - crap - text message. OK - deal with that situation (M's plan for the evening). Ah - back to sleep. Hey MOM - we want OUT. Back to the couch. HEY MOM - we want IN. Back to the couch. Hey MOM - it is time to feed us. Back to the couch. Back to sleep. BUZZ - it's Marian - I am picking her up to take to the meeting. Back to the couch, oh crude - better get up and eat something.

And the worst part - when I did get to bed - I could NOT get to sleep. I am going to be super exhausted today. Just what I need.

Anyway - I unpacked the bags from yesterday and PUT EVERYTHING AWAY. Then I decided to get busy and try to finish up This n That mystery. I remade the center block. What do you think???????

Old center block

New center block


Much better - the top one was too over powering. Now to figure out the colours in the corner blocks and I may have it together after this weekend.

I laugh as I prepare my projects for the retreat. I start realistic. I make a list - I will take FIVE (or whatever number of projects). I pre cut them (or grab ones that are already pre cut). They get packed in a bag. ONE BAG. Then in the time between cutting the original projects, I think - oh - that would be great for the retreat and into the bag (ANOTHER bag cause the other one is TOO FULL). And then THREE bags later - I am ready to pack the car!!!!!   HA - I have high hopes, but I also have a lot of hand stitching and I have this other project that needs to be done and I can sew it at the retreat. They will see it at the party and it will get quilted after. HEY - the lady gave me the LAST bit of information yesterday - I am NOT a miracle worker. And a king sized quilt to do that I told the owner I could not quilt until April, but she pushed me to take it in March (which I did), but like I told her - it will get done in April. Again - I am NOT a miracle worker.


Well - I have a TON of paperwork to do after yesterday - e-mails to write, homework to write up, lists to make and I have ONE half hour before yoga.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog for a while now and all I can say is, "Slow down, lady. You're going to wear yourself out before your time." That said, I have to admit I admire all you do and enjoy your blog even if it does make me tired just reading about all your activities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE read the above comment (from QuiltinLibraryLady) again and
    have a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete