Friday, May 24, 2013

Another notch in the belt.................



Yes - despite getting off to a slow start yesterday AND needing a nap, I got another customer quilt done.


Customer quilt


I love when the quilts are a DREAM to quilt - nicely pressed, flat, square corners. Just makes my job a whole lot easier.


Had a great workout (spin class) at the gym this morning. Have you ever noticed that when you wake up BEFORE the alarm - life is good. As soon as the alarm goes off - oh crude - you think about the day ahead!!!!    But M came to the gym with me and she did her thing - I did the spin class and we both came away feeling AWESOME!!!!    As you get to know more people as well, everyone is so upbeat - the other clients and the staff. Such a great way to kick start the metabolism. A protein shake afterwards and I am set for the morning.

I managed to get the NEXT quilt loaded on the machine and my goal is to GET two more done by Monday morning. Which normally wouldn't be a problem, except today is sit n sew, tonight ANOTHER spin class, tomorrow is Dear Jane and Snow Days classes and machine quilting class on Sunday. Needless to say, it is going to be an action packed couple of days.

Remember when M did the Skills competition and I talked about Ms Bamford? Well it is a small world, because it turns out that I know one of Ms Bamford's teachers when she was in Grade 9. A lady from one of the guilds I belong to!!!!!    Hi Helen!!!!!    Such a small world.

My bike went in yesterday for its last MAJOR tune up before I leave. New brake pads, fixing the slipping gears and then a few supplies - new FOLDABLE tire, extra brake pads and a new tool bag for behind the saddle. Oh yes - let's not forget a couple of tubes for the tires. Now I do not know anyone else on this trip, but I knew that there was a man and his son (from Mississauga) who are also on the trip. Turns out - they are getting their stuff from the SAME bike store as me!!!!!!!!!!!    How funny is that. I haven't met them yet, but I will soon enough.

On that note - I have some trimming to do before the ladies arrive. We are only five, so I think I should be able to sneak some of my own work in there!




Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment