Saturday, May 4, 2013

Brampton Quilt Show


Two more days of craziness and then life will get back to normal. Is there a normal?

Spent the day yesterday setting up the Brampton Quilt show. Oh my goodness - what a great lot of quilts. Little tiny miniatures to large bed sized quilts and a whole lot in between. Not only have the members been busy, but the creativity - well it would blow you away.

Besides looking at the quilts (which I had to say are beautifully displayed), there are vendors, a HUGE members boutique with loads of goodies, a fabulous display of the work done by the guild for our community projects, a wonderful tea room where you can have a great snack while you look at the quilts. Yes we are in an arena, but it is quite warm compared to other years. Loads of gorgeous quilts in the mini quilt raffle and MORE tomorrow, our two raffle quilts and more that I just can't remember right now.

The location is Jim Archdekin Rec Center, 292 Conestoga Drive, Brampton (Bovaird and Kennedy area)
The cost is $6

The show runs today from 10 - 5 and tomorrow from 10 - 4.

Come on out and say HI.


Sorry - I did not take pictures yesterday - first there wasn't time and why would I show you something when it is better you see it in person. I will take a few today and post later.    BRING your camera - there is lots to take pictures of.


My feet were dead when I got home - didn't help that I had a lump in my sock that I could NOT get comfortable and it was sitting under my little toe. But I am sure I will be fine.




Even M and Berke came out to help and I should have taken a picture of Berke wrapped up in the quilts that I made for him and M. But his has flannel on the back and M has plush. He now wants one with plush!!!!  Oh dear - have to come up with something for him.   I am attaching a piece of plush to the front of the quilt so people can touch it. It really makes a nice backing. I love it.

When I got home at almost 9 PM, the lights were ablaze in the studio and there was M busy at work on her jacket. I have to say that she has grown LEAPS and BOUNDS in the sewing area. She is designing and working on the jacket and I just offer some advice and tips when needed. The big SKILLS competition is on Tuesday. I believe she is making another jacket today. It really is all about the details and like I said she is doing a GREAT job. Way to go M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     I just might need to buy an extra sewing machine after all.

On that note - I am pretty much brain dead this morning. I have lots to post, but I just can't grab my brain around any of it.


Have a great day - come and say HI if you are in the neighbourhood. I will only be there today.



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment