Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Mother's Day (the rest of it)


If you care to read about the 10K run that I volunteered at on Mother's Day - read the next post after this one.

I e-mailed my mom the night before to warn her that I would NOT be able to call until much later in the day.

Did NOT sleep well as I was thinking about the water station and how we were going to deal with 27,000 runners for water. And didn't want to sleep in either.

As I was leaving the house, I saw a note on my purse. Oh - how nice, M left me a Mother's Day note. ALAS - it was not the kind of note that I was expecting..............

Nope - it was a PLEA for money!!!!  Well that is a mother's everyday note, NOT a Mother's Day Note. I did get a chuckle out of it though and yes - I left her money!!!!!!!!!!

Then I was off to the 10K run. When I got home, I desperately needed a nap. I tell you - you think I get lots done in a day - well maybe I do, but I also NAP a lot. I consider myself in Michael Phelps league - I train hard, I eat lots and I nap a lot. HA HA - in my dreams - but yes - the harder you work (well me) - the more sleep my body CRAVES. And the less I weigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Yes - that is good news. Maybe by the end of the summer, I will get down to the weight that I want to be at. 

After I finally woke up, it took me at least one half hour to get my butt off the couch. Nothing wanted to move and I was snuggly warm. 

Speaking of warm - we had to turn the heat back on in the house because the temperature had dropped so much outside. When I got home from the run, M was on the couch in the front room. 



I guess she was trying to tell me she was cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!    It was pretty cute!!!!!    I turned the heat on. 

And like any good kid - she went to the grocery store and bought stuff for dinner. Then she proceeded to make the dinner (a yummy stir fry) and bought me my favourite dessert - Nanaimo Bars. Oh - yes - I LOVE LOVE my kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And she gave me this card.................



Isn't this perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    And she wrote a VERY nice message inside. I won't share it with you, but I LOVE MY KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thanks M - it was the BEST Mother's Day so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (she even cleaned up the kitchen) My heart is swelling bigger and bigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Despite all the craziness, I am trying to get back into sewing. I didn't get much done last night - I had to crash for yet ANOTHER NAP. But this morning, I think my body has finally caught up and I am feeling great!!!!!!!!!!!


Happy to report that those bindings are coming along fine. I started working on another one yesterday at Monday Motivators. That leaves FIVE in the binding basket (and each one is smaller than the previous). There are about five that need labels and they will be next.


The binding basket gets smaller!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Actually feels good to be getting some things COMPLETELY FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!

Also got another binding on that batch of FOUR community projects quilts that I had. One more binding to make and sew on - then I pass them to someone else to hand stitch down. I don't have time to hand stitch those down, but I have two people who help out.


Then I got the top done on another community project quilt (for a different guild). They will be revealed at our May meeting so I have to get it quilted before then. This is a small part of the top - you will see the rest when it is revealed. Got the backing made as well - just have to find something for the binding. 


And I am DETERMINED to get the last of the stuff cleaned up in the garage. This is stuff that has been hanging around for YEARS. Stuff that M cleaned out of her room, some of her school stuff and some stuff of mine. I am aiming for ONE BLUE BUCKET a day.................


Here is the blue bucket

And this is what is left in the garage..................    about two weeks and we could be done if we do one box/bucket a day

M's new cozy spot. She went to the library and got a BUNCH of books on business plans, marketing, etc. She is off on an idea and has been spending HUGE amounts of time working on it. I am very proud of her for that. What kid spends her day off from school reading business books?????    Way to go M and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Remember, I told you about that Icelandic author????????  


Here is his name (see that funny LETTER D?)

This is the title of the book I just got from the library. I wondered about it when I ordered it

And I don't think I will be reading it - hopefully it was translated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Well there you have it - not caught up with the blog, but trying. And this week - is WIDE OPEN. Well a couple of things - mostly training and LOTS of quilting, but it is mostly on my own schedule so that is GREAT NEWS. And I have a LOT of new toys that I have to figure out before I leave.


Anyway - have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment