Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Bliss.................................


The retreat? You want to know about the retreat? It was FABULOUS. I can't even begin to describe the feeling of being somewhere where you have no worries, nothing to do but sew or flip through magazines, go for a walk or just sit and listen to all the stories and laughter that surrounds you. It was absolutely awesome and I can't wait for the next one. I will be posting some pictures later on. What did I get done? Well - loads as did the others.

I haven't even had a chance to unpack yet. Yes - the car is unpacked, but I haven't emptied the bags. I knew I was coming home to a bit of a stressful situation. M has a big event TONIGHT and I had to get some stuff done for her. But it was a pressure cooker and yes - OK - I did leave it to the last minute, but I had no choice as I was trying to get other stuff done last week.

But I had promised M that I would make her some fabric bracelets for her fund raiser. I managed to get them bagged and tagged (twenty-one of them) before I went to bed last night.


Fabric bracelets - ready to be whisked away to the big event.
Shoot - I just realized that I did NOT take a picture of any of them. Oh well - I think M was going to keep one for herself so I'll get a picture. They turned out great and I was quite happy with them. Not happy that I was working to a major deadline, but that is going to change. Oh yes - I have a plan.

First - I have finally managed to get my hands on this book from the library. the life-changing magic of tidying up. I am not sure how this differs from the other books on the same subject, but it is supposed to be different. I have just started so I will keep you up to date as I progress through the book.


the life-changing magic of tidying up by maria kondo


But as I sit this morning, DH is gone for a golf vacation, M is away for a few days, no major deadlines are looming - although there are several things that need to be done ASAP, the dogs are in fine form (after having a bit of trouble week before last), the weather is warming up and well - I can pretty much do what I want!!!!  Well - that isn't true, but I have NO ONE to think about this week but me!!!!!

Oh - I am so tempted to run around the house with garbage bags and clean clean clean. I get that feeling when everyone is away!  I hope to get to some of it. But the worst place is the studio. I have been neglecting it and it is in bad shape.

One set of work tables - covered in stuff!!!

The other set of work tables - more stuff
The cutting table - a huge mess
|At least - the ironing board is clear!!!!

I did some work on the cutting table this morning so it looks much better, but still a lot to do. The stuff on the work tables shouldn't take that long to get tidy. Some of it involves unpacking stuff from the retreat and prepping stuff to leave the house.

And speaking of prepping - I was prepping some stuff for the retreat last week and I am very lucky........

I rarely plan stuff any more - I just look at the piece of fabric and just start cutting. I was cutting 3 inch strips and look what I had left over - a pet mat scrap!!!!!

Pet mat sized scrap is all that is left. 

I was cutting borders for some flannel squares - there were only 39 squares in the original bundle
So I bought another flannel and had to cut a couple of squares - I think it will blend right in even though it is slightly brighter than the original bundle. 


And before I left, I also prepped this. I had two bundles of strips and bought this bright pink to go with it.


Another project prepped!!!!


The next time I say that I am prepping for something - STOP ME!!!!!   I have so much stuff prepped that I could probably sew for the rest of the year and only work on stuff that is prepped - I mean cut and ready to sew. Oh yes - there is oodles of projects ready to sew. OK - I have a couple more prepping projects to do on the cutting table and then I am stopping. If I have time to prep - then I had better start sewing!!!!


This is one of the minis that is available at our mini quilt draw. Make sure that you have the dates for the Mississauga Quilt Guild show marked on your calendar.  April 24 and 25.  It promises to be an awesome show - so much to see and do.


Mini-quilt available for the winning!!!!
 And did you notice that the maker used itty bitty little half square triangles - cut offs from some project. I was very impressed when she showed it to me.  It is so simple, yet very effective.

 In case you haven't seen this yet - this is a sneak peek at Amish with a Twist III. Yes - there is a third quilt and I love it!!!!!


Sneak peek at Amish with a Twist III



So even though my family is away this week, I won't be sitting on the couch and eating bon bons all day. It is going to be a whirlwind week and I can't wait to get started!!!!

On that note - have a great day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment