Saturday, April 4, 2015

The "While I'm Away Challenge"


Where do I get these crazy ideas? Well - I was out walking the dogs - went to the library and then to Tim's. While I was planning the next craziness in my life and should I or should I not take something to do when I am down east this summer. The answer is YES - if not - I might as well lie down and die now!!!!

And since I will be gone for four weeks, I know that I will miss you all. But here is where you get to participate in making my vacation fun.

If you want to participate, you need to give me ONE thing that you don't want. Try to keep it fabric or textile related. Could be a piece of fabric - how big? you decide - colour - you decide. Could be a button, could be a piece of string, could be any kind of embellishment, could be yarn, could be  - well could be anything. If the item represents you - all the better!  Your favourite colour, embellishment - whatever.

 Securely ark you name on it (pin your name on or put in a bag with your name) - Oh yes - we are going to have fun with this because all the while, I will be wondering - "why did I get this?"  The crazier - the more you will be in my thoughts!

You have until I leave to get the item to me.  If you want to mail me something, let me know and I will give you my address.

My challenge will be to use all the items in one piece before I return. I will be taking a sewing machine with me - come on - you really think I would go away for a month to a house by myself and not bring a sewing machine?

I'm excited and can't wait to see what crazy and creative things you come up with.  No need to buy anything - just grab something that you found or have no idea what to do with.

Haven't had time to do a challenge in a long time and I am looking forward to this.



On that note - I am going to knock some sense in my head and get back to work.


Have a great day!!!!




Ciao!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Ok, I will add something to your crazy challenge......which, I must say, is a challenge that I don't know if I would ever attempt! LOL. But, I wait anxiously to see what you come up with.

    My email is crazyquiltpatcher. AT yahoo. DOT com

    Hmm, now to go find something really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sent you an e-mail with my address. Look forward to getting your bit!

      Delete
  2. ... like you have run out of projects you already have!!! oh my

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Karen - my projects are everyday stuff - I want to make my brain work a bit!!!!

      Delete
  3. Would like to send you a little something for your summer challenge. Love reading your daily posts. Need your address please.
    my email is k5861@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete