Wednesday, April 1, 2015

There is a light at the end of the tunnel...................


I am happy to report and my thumb is as well (it is getting pretty sore) that I am ALMOST done - well still about 3 - 4 more hours of correcting my mistake and then it will be over.  I can't wait as that seems to be weighing on me. Once it is done, I hope the flood gates will open and I can move on.  Not that I haven't been working on other stuff when I take a break.

Scraps and more scraps!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is what I found in the latest scrap bag.



Lots of cut offs to make half square triangles. There is enough there and they are bigger than the ones from binding strips so it might make a small memory quilt. 

Also found this sort of shiny knit fabric - looks like snake skin!!!   Well - it is chopped up and gone. 

Into the pet mat

Someone and for the life of me I can't remember who, but that is probably best. This is NOT a bag of scraps. Oh no - there is a LOT of valuable strips in the bag. Bright strips that will make an awesome kids quilt. The donor even said when she handed it to me that I would probably have fun with it, but wasn't something she wanted to deal with. No problem!!!!!


The rest of these pictures are from Thursday Therapy last week.  Looking for a cool new toy????   Look at this - do you know what it is????


Any ideas?????

It is Mary's little RED wagon - a FOLDING little red wagon!!!!   I love it!!!!!   There are many times when I could use that to get loads of crap from the car to a meeting or whatever. May have to look at getting one. 

Mary was working on a UFO and she had her blocks laid out. Love the colours!!!!!

Cathy was working on her mystery quilt - 

Anita was working on her Welsh whole cloth - it is stunning

Looking great -

Virginia and her cute little appliques for a border for a child's quilt - those circles are PERFECT!!!!   She used Karen K Buckley's Perfect Circles to make them

And look at that crisp clean edge of her applique.  I LOVE IT!!!!!

All her bits ready to stitch down - that is a LOT of leaves. 


Remember the other day when I was experiencing screwdriver envy?   Diane had come to a free motion class and brought with her, the cutest little orange screwdriver. Well - a quick trip to Home Depot and now I have not one, but THREE of the little screwdrivers!!!!!   They were $4.99 - great to tuck in a purse or project box.


Mini screwdrivers from Home Depot


Wow - always so much show n tell and I am still way behind in getting the pictures posted. Well about one week.

It's embroidery club and while they are stitching away, I'll be doing some correcting.

On that note - have an awesome day - it is going to WARM today.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment