Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Getting old is a great source of entertainment......





Why do people write blogs and why do people read them? It has to be a source of entertainment for both parties or what is the point. Well - I guess the blogs could be educational and informative at the same time.

However, mine seems to be  a source of entertainment!  I have stories to tell (my father and grandfather's faults - they all loved to chat!)   Well I have a couple of stories today that are so funny - well I can't believe them myself.

I have pieced ears. I know - what a topic! Anyway - they have been pierced for years (like almost 40  years) - just one per ear and I am OK with that. Never had any problems with them when I was younger, but some years ago and I don't even remember, but it has been YEARS (like 10 + or could even be 20), I developed a problem with one of the piercings. It felt like a lump in my ear around the hole (actually right through the hole) and whenever I tried to put an earring in, it was very uncomfortable. Almost like I had to make a new hole each time. I was given a nice pair of earrings about 4 years ago and I have worn them every day so I didn't have to worry about putting in a new pair. I thought I had developed some sort of scar tissue from inserting earrings and "breaking open my skin" which I thought was causing the pain problem.

The other day, Claudette gave me a really nice pair of earrings and I decided to bite the bullet and put them in. Ouch ouch ouch!!!!


My new earrings


Because the earrings were dangley, I didn't sleep with them. But I put them back in once or twice more. Ouch ouch ouch each time. And I have inserted many pairs of earrings over the years with that same painful situation. Then like a MIRACLE - the pain is gone!!!!!    I was sitting at the kitchen table on Sunday night. I felt something weird at my ear (don't worry - this isn't too gross). I reached up and felt something hard and a small - teeny tiny little cylinder of dirt/sweat/ and whatever else fell into my hand. Yes - that hard lump (which went right through the ear) was a teeny tiny little cylinder of crude!!!!   The crazy thing has been there for YEARS - I mean YEARS!!!!!

What?????   Seriously?????   I can't stop touching my ear because it feels so weird!!  I ran to insert a pair of earrings and NO PAIN!!!!!   OH MY GOD !!!!!!    That is just the weirdest thing ever!!!!!   And I had to share with someone!!!   What possessed this little thing to move now?????


My other story - well it is just sad!  OK - not really.  But on the way to the retreat, I stopped at Thimbles and Things in Orillia. Love the store - great books, great fabric, great owner (Sue) and just so worth a stop. Well I saw a book that had caught  my eye online and I thought "I should buy that". But I didn't. Then when I got to the retreat, I decided that I wanted the book so I called the store. No problem - I can pick the book up on the way home. But when I stopped on the way home - NO BOOK in the mail box (they are closed on Sunday).  I had received an e-mail from Sue to say the book had been sold but she could order me another one.

Hmmmm - since I wanted it before the CreativFestival, I decided that I would try to get it more local so I didn't have to pay for shipping. I call my local store - Ruti's Needlebed. Yes - they could get it for me.

So far - so good! Then I decided to tackle cleaning up one of the work tables and oh - I guess I should unpack my purchases from the last couple of days. I emptied one bag onto the table - NOOOOOOOOOOOO - NO - OH MY - I have lost my mind. Guess who bought that book from Thimbles and Things????????

YES - that would be ME!!!!!   What a dunce!!!!!


My new book on making better bags!!!!

You should come to my demo at the CreativFestival so you can hear all about how to make better bags, although I have a lot of great tips of my own and will be sharing those since I have tested them. 

Bottom line here - I shouldn't be allowed in a quilt store with a credit card!   That's it - no more buying!!!!!


However that theory lasted about two hours before I was at Ruti's Needlebed yesterday afternoon to try and find a black fabric with black stars on it. I have some so I know it existed!!!!   No black fabric - I will find something in my stash, but LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!




YES - that is one of the ROW BY ROW fabrics!!!!!!!


Do not worry - there are two bolts and I only bought four meters. The big problem is going to be remembering that I bought that one!!!!!!   I think I can manage it!!!!

In all honesty - the issue with the book - I was in a hurry that morning, I looked at the book, I put it on the shelf, I looked at the book and then put it on the counter and when I paid - I didn't really look at what I bought so it did not register that I had purchased it. The license plate fabric - OH YES - I will remember that one.



Well there you have it. When I named this blog CRAZY QUILTER ON A BIKE - I guess I am trying to live up to that reputation!!!!

Had the most amazing workout at the gym this morning. I get a slow start - the first 5- 10 minutes are hard to get moving and then I burst out of the gates like I'm on fire. 31 KM (according to the bike computer) in one hour of spinning.  I was huffing and puffing and sweating when I was done and it felt GOOD!!!!!   I should be outside on my bike, but I have a few too many customer things to tidy up - then I'll be outside. But I am getting in walks to the library and Tim's with the girls in the afternoon so not like I am being a couch potato!!!!

On that note - I am out of here. Have an AWESOME day!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. We moved recently, and I found three (yes, three!) books I had bought twice. Don't fret, you have two books to go before you are truly losing your mind. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOD - that is so funny!!!! Nope - haven't bought three of the same book (that I know of!!!)

      Delete