Sunday, April 26, 2015

The CreativFestival


What a crazy three days!!!   I have never seen the CreativFestival so busy. Almost the entire time, the booths - well at least ours was jam packed.  And because we have so many little things - well - you spend a lot of time trying to keep things somewhat organized and restocked?  Nope - that wasn't even possible.

I had a demo on bags yesterday and saw a few familiar faces. It was standing room only in the class which is always exciting. Thanks to everyone who came - I hope they picked up a few tips.

I did manage to snag a few things before the show was over and thank goodness the show wasn't longer or quieter - I am sure I would have found a lot more to buy!

Here are a few pictures from the CreativFestival that I thought you might enjoy.


Colleen from The Crochet Crowd


As usual, The Crochet Crowd went WILD with their booth. The theme was the 70s and Colleen managed to find - yes she did NOT make this wild and groovy outfit.  What you see on the top - oh yes - that was a PANTSUIT!!!!   And how cool is her flower child pin!!!!    Great inspiration for having a great time!!!!   Thanks to The Crochet Crowd for your entertaining booth.

And then there was this STUNNING quilt made by Renske Helmuth of the Waterlook area. Every year she coordinates a quilt that becomes the feature quilt for the New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale.

This year, the theme is Africa and the quilt is just absolutely breathtaking.


Threads of Africa

Block detail

Block detail
 The quilt will be auctioned off at the New Hamburg Mennonite Relief Sale. The details are below. Not only will this quilt be for sale, but there are  many many other quilts as well. There are other crafts, there is food - there is a LOT of stuff. Check out the link above if you want more info. I got to meet the auctioneer!!!




I remember one of the quilts done by Renske raised $44,000 - that is NOT a typo.  It was an amazing quilt and I hope this one raises that kind of money as well.  The details are just amazing.


AHA - I found all the previous quilts that were coordinated by Renske for the New Hamburg Mennonite Relief sale including the one that sold for $44,000.

Check out this link to see them all and see some other work by Renske.  She is a VERY talented quilter.


On that note - I still have a quilt to quilt this morning because the customer is coming to pick it up today and I have a class to teach this afternoon.  Yep - the craziness just doesn't stop!!!!

By the way - a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who stopped by the booth to say HI or came to one of my demos!!!  And thanks for following me on the blog. It is always nice to meet new people and catch up with those I haven't seen for a while.

And I have loads and loads of pictures to post - and I better off load them from the camera cards!!!!   QUICK!

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. It was great chatting with you! I grabbed a copy of your book and will be enjoying it this afternoon with some tea (no sugar added - wink wink).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there, enjoyed your presentation, and (eta: have since) put to use several of your pointers in my latest bags and purses. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete