Monday, June 17, 2019

Travel Day - Ottawa to Toronto


I like to play chicken with my thread and it appears that I like to play chicken with my gas.

I probably should have filled up before I left Ottawa, but what's the fun in that? My plan was to fill up at the first OnRoute on the highway, but I realized partway down to the 401 that probably wasn't going to happen. I spotted a sign for a gas station in Spencerville and stopped, but it wasn't open. Seriously???  I think it opened at 7 AM on Sunday morning and I was there at 6:50. Back in the car and I got to Prescott and filled up there.

I do love that car for the gas economy. I will write you a blog post about that car and all its little quirks one day. I plugged in an audiobook before I left and I listened to that all the way home.

I also picked up something to eat at that gas station and it was smooth sailing all the way home. The traffic was light even going through Toronto - no idea what that was all about and I was home by 10:30. Got the car unpacked and put some of the stuff away.

Of course, the girls were very excited to see me and they had to try and outperform each other in their exuberance. I grabbed a book and popped out to the gazebo to try and have a wee nap. So what's the deal here? It's almost the middle of June - in the middle of the day and I needed a quilt to keep me warm. I didn't sleep a lot  - I as saving that for night time.

And yes - it would appear that I acquired a cold from someone. Damn them!! It's not bad, but I had a hard time sleeping last night. I got up rather late this morning and I still feel like a train hit me. Well, not that bad!

I puttered in Studio U for part of the afternoon. I was going to just sew something for me, but I didn't have the energy to fire up a sewing machine so I just puttered and put away some of the stuff that had accumulated before I left.

Sorry that the post is short and sweet today, but I got up late and it's Monday sewing and the girls are demanding that I walk them this morning and my brain is fuzzy so I'd better go.

It's going to be a totally crazy week this week. And I promised that I'll be back to posting pictures tomorrow.

Have a great day!!!!

Ciao!!


2 comments:

  1. Glad you are home safely and that Quilt Canada was such a blast. I'm sorry I missed it but I'll be in Edmonton next year. Take care of yourself, nothing worse than a summer cold :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Can't wait to catch up with you in Edmonton! You know your schedule that much in advance?? In a travelling home? I'm impressed!

      Delete