Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Travel Day - Toronto to Ottawa


I ran around the house like a busy, little bee and finished packing all the stuff. I sure do miss my larger car. But I was able to get everything in. It's not so much that this car is smaller, but there is less room in the back. I'll have to explain the difference one day.

I finished sewing the sleeve on that magazine quilt while I was at the Monday sewing. My massage appointment got canceled which was what I was waiting around for so I decided to leave as soon as the sleeve was on. I stopped at the UPS office and then back home for a quick stop to get my GPS. That's another story that deals with the car which I refuse to go into at the moment.

Let's just say that the weather didn't cooperate as far as driving goes. I hate driving in the rain. Well, I don't hate it. But I'd rather that it rained less. With all the big trucks on the road, there was a lot of spray from the vehicles.

And it poured for a good part of the way. Yeah!!  However, there were times when it wasn't pouring so not like the entire way was bad. Other than the rain, the most exciting thing that I saw was when a transport truck blew a tire right in front of me. Not immediately in front of me, but ahead of me. I had no idea what to expect but you couldn't miss the BANG and then the bits of rubber flying around. The driver of the truck immediately pulled over and the traffic around him slowed down so we were all good.

Some days I'm good on the road driving and some days I'm not. I was tired so I pulled into one of the service stations along the way and had a 20-minute snooze and then I was good to go the rest of the way. After I cleared the city (which took over ONE hour), I opened up my audiobook and listened to that. An interesting story about a grumpy old man who tries to commit suicide and fails twice (so far). It's called A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. 

An interesting character story. I notice I seem to be reading more of those these days. But they are interesting and fun to see how the characters interact with each other.

At last, I arrived at my destination. I could have stayed at a hotel, but that would be boring, so I'm staying with a quilting friend. We see each other from time to time, but don't have time to really chat so I thought this would be a good opportunity.

I got to bed much later than usual and after a glass of wine and with all that travel, it was IMPOSSIBLE to wake up this morning. I mean, I was even dreaming about it! Like a slug. I'm feeling better now. But yikes - totally useless. Thank god that doesn't happen to me on a regular basis - I'd get nothing done at home.

I have a couple extra of these label panels that you use for labels on quilts. Anyone interested in them??  You can see the entire panel here at the Northcott website. And if you want to see how to use them in your inkjet printer, I wrote instructions which you can find here.  I have two or three panels that are unspoken for. The cost per panel (which consists of 24 labels) is $11.  You can e-mail me if you're interested. Hopefully, you're close by so we don't need to worry about shipping.

Panel of labels


On that note, I'd better get myself downstairs and have breakfast. It's set up day - the favorite day of any show. NOT!!!  It's a lot of hard work. A lot of fussing and it's just a long day!  But we get to see people that we haven't seen in a long time or on a regular basis so it's a fun day as well. It's all in how you look at it - half empty or half full. Since it's something that I can't get out of doing, I might as well enjoy the day!

I see it's no longer raining here but looks windy and cool.

Have a great day!!!!

Ciao!!!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time at Quilt Canada. Go say hello to the ladies from Inspired Getaways. It's a great place to have a retreat and they are all members of the little quilt group I started years ago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh -- I will. Their booth is just around the corner from where I'll be hanging out.

      Delete