Tuesday, August 4, 2020

The end of things


Oh my -- I'm as busy as ever and wasn't August supposed to be a quiet month? Well - it will be, starting tomorrow! HA - no laughing!! It seems that everything I'm working on, I still can't share with you! How crazy is that?

I finished off the second quilt for Quilts of Valour yesterday. The binding got put on by machine, and the sleeve got hand stitched in place. In case you're wondering, that particular quilt hanger is a rod with clips in case the quilt doesn't have a sleeve. This quilt needed a sleeve so the clips are just hanging there.

The sleeve is on the Quilts of Valour quilt


This is a quilt that I designed for QoV and will be used as a fund-raiser for them. They are in the process of putting my quilt and three other designer's quilts in their newsletter, which will go out shortly. Then you can see the quilt that I designed. I had to make it twice - once with the Oh Canada fabrics by Northcott and once in a blender collection. I chose the Dublin collection, which I LOVE. Anyway - enough about that - you'll see it shortly in their newsletter.

We had Monday sewing, and I'm finding that it's easier to do handwork while we chatting and I have a fair bit of stuff sitting in the handwork basket that needs to be done. After the other quilt was finished, I grabbed this challenge quilt that I made earlier this summer and hand-stitched the facing to it. It still needs some sort of hanging device on the back.

The facing is hand-stitched in place


This is part of a challenge for the Canadian Quilter's Association - the Try A Triad Challenge. They will be putting the quilts online shortly, and then you can vote on them. It's for that reason that you don't get to see the front of the piece.

Now that I have a plan for Mondays, I should be able to whip through that pile of handwork. There's not much, but a quilt that needs to have the binding hand-stitched, two sleeves, two labels, and a bit more ripping. A couple more Mondays, and that pile will be gone!

I had a pleasant surprise when I checked my progress on the Route 66 Virtual Challenge. They've added percentages along the route! I'm 67% of the way, and now I know where the next significant milestone is - 80%. I should be out of New Mexico in the next five days. I just keep marching along!

The remainder of the route for Route 66


Is anyone else doing any of these Virtual Challenges?? Some challenges are much shorter than this one. Of course - we have to go BIG.

I forgot to mention that yesterday was the first day of my week to blog on QUILTsocial. So now you have TWO days to catch up on.

I'm working with the Husqvarna Viking Designer Brilliance 80 this week. If you're in the market for an embroidery machine, this is a great machine. Check out the blog posts to see why. Even if you're not in the market for a new sewing machine, I offer a lot of tips and inspiration to make some great gifts. During the week, I also compiled a Christmas Wish List, so you might find an item or two to add to your Christmas Wish List.

QUILTsocial - Monday post

QUILTsocial - Tuesday post


On that note, today is short and sweet. I'm off on a road trip for the day. Tomorrow we leave for the retreat (I know - don't ask), and I still have a few things to prep as well as a couple of e-mails that have to be dealt with today!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment