Thursday, February 18, 2021

Quick on my feet

 I'm thrilled to report that it was so much easier to walk around yesterday than the previous day. The plow had either come back, or sidewalks had been shoveled, and snow had melted. However, I think that we have more snow coming today. Oh boy! The piles of snow on the sides of my driveway are high, but nothing like I've seen in the past. Let's hope this is the LAST big dump of the year. It sounds like this snow has hit hard in many places that don't normally get snow. Hopefully, everyone will get power back and get themselves dug out of the mess. 

I overdressed yesterday after consulting the weather app, and I had to start undressing on the walk! It's going to be a bit warmer over the next while, so that's a good thing. 

More paper is gone. I think M said that she threw that entire box of paper out, and she is DONE!! So jealous! But my time will come. 

Yesterday was a crazy day. OK - I know - you're saying what day isn't crazy at my house, and you are right. The morning is so routine, but after 9 AM, anything and everything goes. Taking pictures, editing, making presentations, sewing, quilting, walking - you name, it - there's no set schedule. 

I had THREE presentations yesterday, and I had to prep for all three of them. I will say that I had to edit the last presentation about 10 minutes before I went live. Not my fault and the new one integrated perfectly into mine! You got to love that; otherwise, you go with Plan B!! Thank goodness, I'm quick on my feet, and I know my stuff - most days, that is!

I only have one presentation today, and I do have a bit of prep work for that. And then I have a LOT of follow-up from the other presentations. I've got to find some answers to questions, send some documents, and write some instructions. That's what I'll be doing today! 

I'm going to whisper this, but things from a technology perspective seem to be working like a charm at my house: the shared drives, the Wi-Fi, and the connectivity of my apps to the mySewnet. Fingers crossed!!!

So while I took a ton of photos yesterday, there are only a few that I can share with you! I needed to clean up as there are quilts and samples and bits of stuff strewn all over the place. That's what happens when you're in a rush to get a presentation done. You know how it is - my little film corner is neat as a pin on camera, behind the scenes? Not so much. But it's all looking pretty decent this morning. 

This is the stand that I bought for my laptop to have a decent height on it for the Zoom sessions. It's adjustable, and I like that. It's not the sturdiest, but I'm OK with that. It does the trick, and I love the fact that I can put stuff underneath it, so I gain some desk space. 


My laptop stand


I have to laugh because I bought the stand because of the mouse tray on the side. Well, I HATE that part of it. As a matter of fact, I threw it in the garbage this morning! Perhaps if I were standing up, I might use it. I might try raising my table this morning and try out the mouse pad, but I don't think I'll use it. 



The mouse pad for the laptop stand



I had a good laugh this morning as I cleared stuff off the cutting table. Oh darn, another day when I didn't take those pills! Thank god, they are all supplements. I'd die if I had to actually take medication for a reason. I really should get a bone density test - I probably don't need to take calcium, and since I'm outside so much, do I really need a Vitamin D??? 


The missing pills



We got a newsletter from Cherrywood Fabrics yesterday! Oh my - look at that stack of entries for the Diana challenge. Hmmm -- I want to see them NOW!!!! The winners will be announced in March - I can't wait to see the winning quilts!!!



A stack of the Cherrywood challenge quilts


If you want to see some winners, the awards ceremony for Quiltcon was last night. I was on a presentation, so I couldn't watch, and I might not have been able to without signing up. Anyway, here's the link to the winners!!  Some beautiful quilts and lots of creativity and work. 

I'm happy to report that the Best in Show is a CANADIAN!! Way to go, Emilie Trahan from Quebec, on winning Best in Show!!! The other thing that I noticed is that many of the winners are Individual Members of The Modern Quilt Guild (the big organization) rather than belonging to a local guild. I have been a member of a modern guild in the past, and well -- I'm not sure what that guild provides that I can't get from the parent guild. I'm not currently a member of even The Modern Quilt Guild. I literally have no time to do justice to any of the challenges, or classes, or even read the newsletter, so I'm just lurking for the moment. The same goes for a regular guild. 

I used to belong to many guilds, and well, there is just not enough time in the day to really enjoy everything. SEE -- I do know how to say NO. I haven't been a member for several years, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything at all. I know!!  Don't get me wrong - I think there is a place for guilds, just not for me at this point in time. 

I am a member of the Canadian Quilter's Association. This is our nation-wide quilt organization. I do NOT pay enough attention to the goings-on, so I'll try to be more diligent in the coming months! There was a talk this past weekend that I wanted to listen to, and that didn't happen as I forgot to buy a ticket. Next time, buy the ticket right away or put it on the Task List. 

I finally got the box of stuff together for M. I had to switch to a larger box, which is a bit on the heavy side. No worries - I'm just glad to get this stuff out of my house and into her house!! I'll be walking that over to the post office later today. 



A box of goodies for M


I hope to get to the sewing machine today, not for making videos but for my own projects. That's my goal, but this paperwork has to be done before I do that! 

While I was on the walk yesterday, I realized that I did NOT give you something to clean yesterday. GASP!!! Oh my -- I look around and see container after container filled with paper. NO --- don't let that discourage me! 

Here's a good one to clean this morning. If you use messenger or you use Text messaging - go in and DELETE those old messages. They don't go anywhere unless you delete them. That'll keep you busy for DAYS!!!!  Instead of swiping and scrolling to find new things, get rid of old text messages, save the photos if you want, but the rest - delete, delete, delete!!!


And on that note, I'm out of here!


Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment