Saturday, February 27, 2021

Urbanologie Show and Tell

 So - I'm in a bit of a bind this morning. I don't have a lot of time. I've got THREE presentations today, and two are ready to go - the third one - well, I'm still working on it! Hence the blog will be short and sweet this morning, and the girls will get shortchanged on their walk. I'm not telling them that. Thank goodness, they have no concept of time - well, I don't think they have a concept of time!


I don't know where you live, but around here? Things are looking up! The weather is getting warmer, the sun seems to be shining more and well - there's just a feeling of spring in the air. I know - we're supposed to get rain and snow all weekend, but even just one day with a bit warmer weather and sunshine can make you want to run through the streets and sing! OK - that won't be happening at my house anytime soon, but you get the idea. 

Hmm - I've noticed one thing on my walks this week. The kids are BACK TO SCHOOL, and school lets out about the same time that I go for my walk. The sidewalks are busy, and with the snow on them, it's hard to keep distances. I'll go back to walking along the busier streets - I'm OK with that and maybe try to walk a bit earlier in the day. It's not that I don't mind the kids, but there are so many of them. But that's a good thing to see them out walking. However, tons are still driven to school, and you can't tell me that the parents are then off to work!

The other place that is busier is the local Tim's. And people are NEVER going to figure out the drive-through system at this location, which I refuse to go to. There are two lanes, but god forbid that each person take their turn. Nope - they drive right down the middle, so the cars have to back out onto the street. SIGH.......

You'd think the pandemic and having people shut-in would make them less edgy, but nope - people are just the same. Perhaps even crazier!!!

I spent the day sewing and taking pictures yesterday. TONS of pictures, which are mostly edited and ready to go this morning. I can't share any of them with you today, but there's going to be lots of show and tell this week. 

That's what I love about the Zoom classes - I already have the show and tell!!! It's organized alphabetically in the presentations, so I know who is who, and then it's easy to put it on the blog. HEY -- speaking of which - I can share the show and tell that we did for Urbanologie last night. DUH!!!

So here's the book that we're making this quilt from. This class is hosted by OH Look, Fabric in Milton.

Urbanologie by Sew Kind of Wonderful


I was thrilled to see that most people got the chick blocks done. I usually go through the book and pick the easiest blocks first. However, this time - I think I chose the HARDEST one. I have no idea what I was thinking. 

These are Dana's blocks. So cute!!!



Dana



Cathy did several iterations of her blocks, and I hope I got the right photo!!


Cathy

These ones are Gisele's. I LOVE the darker background. 
Gisele




These are Heather's chicks. They are currently nesting as they don't have legs yet—very funky fabric choices. 

Heather




The next grouping belongs to Lorraine. Love those colors - reminds me of baby chicks!

Lorraine





Susan also had her five blocks done. She sent me the two different colors that she made. 

Susan

Susan



A couple didn't get their blocks done, but overall, I was THRILLED with the results. They did a superb job. Taking on cutting and sewing curves and learning the Mini Quilt Curve Ruler and all via Zoom!!! I'm so impressed!!!! Way to go, everyone, and it just goes to show that anything is possible. 



Not only did they have multiple curves to deal with that beak was a fiddly thing to get inserted in just the right spot. 


These are the homework blocks for this month. Now, these look a whole lot easier than the chick blocks! These are the ones that were in the project box - already done!!!





Homework for next month

Homework block for next month




I just let the girls out, and it's pouring rain. Nope - I'm not going out with rain, possibly slippery sidewalks, and two crazy dogs. They can run in the backyard, and I'll go out later today by myself. SHHHH - don't tell them. 

I took some photos of my fridge (the topic of decluttering yesterday), but no time to share them today. I've got a video to shoot and photos to edit!!! 

I have a LOT of homework follow-up to do. I'm behind, and now I'm going to have even more to do after this weekend. BUT - it'll get done. I hope to do some of it this afternoon and on Monday. 

This week flew by - I don't even know where the time went, but that means that it's time for the Virtual Retreat. Yeah!!!! It starts tonight at 6 PM. And all day tomorrow. I hope to see you there. 

Here are the links. 

Saturday, February 27 -  6 PM - 9 PM   EST

Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89254233911?pwd=VGQrTnFybW1HMWpleHA4M2Q2NGVwZz09 Meeting ID: 892 5423 3911 Passcode: 982797

Sunday, February 28  - 10 AM  - 8 PM   EST


Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87246635892?pwd=VGY1cUUyLzRaRi9VUVV2ZWFINXc2dz09 Meeting ID: 872 4663 5892 Passcode: 440473


On that note, I'm out of here. No - I didn't forget the decluttering assignment. It's the weekend. Take a break and come to the retreat!

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment