Friday, May 24, 2024

Check before you buy!

Well, I made out that list of things to do, but I didn't get to check any of them off yesterday, although I made progress on several things. The couple I worked on just generated more stuff to look at!

However, there are a couple of things that I need to address before I forget. I did look at the drawers in the desk. There are three of them. Here's the first one; it looks neat and tidy, so there are no changes. 

Drawer number one


Here's the second drawer, which is actually the top drawer. Hmm—I found a few paper clips in the wrong spot. Look at that mess of elastics! So the bucket of elastics got pulled, and I'll wean that out, and the paper clips were put in the right spot. But other than that, all is good. 

The second drawer

Here's the third drawer. I pulled a USB stick from one of the boxes, and I'll deal with it today. So, I'm also practicing what I preach. 

The third drawer



What I love is that after I dealt with these drawers a couple of months ago, they have remained in good shape! They are set up properly, allowing me to maintain them, and that's what a good, tidy house is supposed to be. 

I'll find some other drawers today to deal with just so you know you're not alone. Come to think of it, there are a lot of drawers in our house. I've been through most of the drawers - they are easy! But it's good to recheck them! 

The second thing is the Gordie Howe International Bridge in Windsor. They expect the bridge deck to be open by the end of June. Hmm. Doesn't that make you think there'll be a big Canada Day/July 4th celebration? Maybe? Maybe not!/ 

But check out this article. One more section (49 feet) must be added to the US side, and the final section will join the two sides. Can you guess how long that final section is? It's 85 feet, which is the width of an official NHL hockey rink. Gordie Howe? Hockey? I think it's fantastic that they did that! 

The last thing I must remember is that there is a virtual retreat this weekend. If the weather is nice, well, I doubt that many of us will be there. I might not be there! I can't get enough of the great outdoors in this fabulous weather. 

Here are the links: 

Saturday - May 25 - starts at 6 PM. I suspect most of us will be there for that. 


Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89816483795?pwd=Mjc3M3pvVmZPdjdsQzlHS3Zhck52dz09

Meeting ID: 898 1648 3795
Passcode: 248667

Sunday, May 26, starts at 1 p.m. NOTE: The later start time is because we have digital cutters before, and it always goes late. 

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82983517671?pwd=ODdsa1FJenQwdFNaQWFTNGd4bEhPZz09

Meeting ID: 829 8351 7671
Passcode: 117636


And now, on with the show!

I happened upon something a bit shocking on the internet. I was looking at tapering the corner of a cushion. Many people do not do this and end up with unsightly dog-ear corners on their cushions. I used to mark the taper by hand, but I decided a while back to make a template from plastic. Shoot—I thought I shared this in a QUILTsocial post. If you check out this link and scroll down, you can see what I mean by tapering the corners.

Somewhere along the line, I made a template so I wouldn't have to mark that every time. As I was searching for something on the internet, I came across this: a ruler that does the same job. It's on sale for $40 US.


A ruler to taper the corner of cushions


But then I thought I would check my favorite online store. WAIT A MINUTE -- this is insane. Look at the price.

I can't find the exact thing this morning, but I took a picture. It's the same ruler—but look at the price!!!

Yikes -- look at that price


I made mine for free! And while I need to use a second ruler with it for cutting as the template plastic is not thick enough, I don't use it that often! Yikes!!!!

The tree canopy is almost complete, and you would never believe houses are on the other side. It's absolutely glorious to walk through the forest these days!

The tree canopy is complete


But Miss Lexi wanted an urban walk yesterday, so I decided to stop at Tim's for a cookie for my morning snack since I didn't have any in the house. 



Miss Lexi waiting patiently at Tim's



When I got home from the walks, I made a cup of tea and sat outside. It was glorious. I had to pry myself out of that chair and get in the house to finish some work!



Morning tea


Of course, the girls had to entertain. They wouldn't feel like they were earning their keep if they didn't. 

Murphy is up to no good in the far corner


I walked to the grocery store, and they had samples of a tea that I had never tried before. Hmm—this is a fruity tea, but it actually tastes GOOD. It was lukewarm when I had my mini-cup of tea, but that temperature was excellent. 


A new tea to try

I got the white-on-black fabrics cut for the project, and they are now in the retreat bag. 





White-on-black fabric cut


I cannot find the post where I showed how I made that template. GRR!!! I'll likely find it the minute I hit PUBLISH on this post! 

While I was standing at the desk admiring the tidy drawers, a couple of things caught my eye, and they are now in the garbage or recycling bin. The more I do, the less effort it takes to make that decision - toss or keep. And most things are going in the toss pile. If you haven't started yet, you should make an effort. You will NOT regret it. You'll feel better mentally, have more room physically, and have less to deal with when you move!

On that happy note, do NOT forget to keep plugging away at the drawers! Have you ever counted how many drawers you have in your house? I have 15 just in my kitchen, and I do NOT have pots and pans drawers! 

I will grab one of those today and deal with it. 

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!!

1 comment:

  1. 9 drawers in the kitchen and 6 in the bathroom. I love my big kitchen drawers for bakeware and linens as well as accessories for food processor-custom made by hubster they are 36 x 24 x 10 inches!

    Happy decluttering and happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete