Wednesday, April 25, 2012


Ever have one of those days when you just feel so MUCH pressure - even when there really isn't much going on. You know - got to make appointments for the dog at the groomer and the vet, you child is reminding you to sign her up for this course or that course and this event or that event, and then you have to make appointments for yourself  - the eye doctor and whatever. And then you know when you book these appointments you will be running around like an idiot to make them all. Yep a secretary (and maybe a chauffeur) would be on my list if I won the lottery!!!!!

Making good progress on my samples for the CreativFestival. As usual - I would LOVE to have an extra week. And true to the description of the one demo - how to use copious amounts of fabric - well I might not have any stash by the time I get through all this. Honestly these projects are eating up fabric fasting than the Cookie Monster eats cookies!!!!

Don't forget if you are at the CreativFestival - you MUST stop by A Needle Pulling Thread booth to see my monster March project. Introduce yourself to Carla (the editor) and tell her to STOP giving me deadlines!!!!!   In addition to my regular column, we are working on something else - per issue (OK - so it was my idea) and actually is using up stuff that I have or that I have already done so I am OK with that.

Then you have to stop by SewFancy and see me. I will be there all day Friday and Saturday in the afternoon (have to teach my class at the Hobby Horse in the morning). And why not stop by and come to one of my FREE demos.   And they MUST not like me cause I got the bizarre hours or maybe they think I am such a draw that even late in the day people will come to see me!!!!!



Friday - 4:30 PM - Oh Those Rulers: So Many to Choose From (some cool new rulers)
Friday - 6:30 PM - Punch Needle Perfection


Saturday - 3:30 PM - Quick Ways to use up Tons of Scraps (NOTE - in the literature - this was originally at 2:30, but is now at 3:30)


I have amassed quite a collection of RED fabric.



Nope - not even for me. This is fabric that has been donated by the members of the Halton Hills Quilters Guild for the upcoming raffle quilt. Got to get this all washed and ready for a sewing day in May where some of the members are going to start working on the quilt. It is going to be stunning.


People are always on the lookout (on my behalf) for things that bike related or orange. I had heard about a store that had bags with bicycles on them. Well after a few FALSE starts (like ooops - she got the store name wrong) - I managed to find the bags at my local Homesense.

But look what else I found while I perusing the store..................
A cyclist (dust collector!!!!!!!)

THE elusive bag

 Then I have acquired some cool fabric.................


Blogging fabric

Girl guide cookies and CRICKET (although the lady who cut it thought it was baseball)

Minky type orange with dots (thanks Marian - got to make something cool with this)


And Barb found ORANGE yarn to make the dishclothes and gave me a couple. Thanks BARB!!!!!   I love these.

Orange dish cloths

And I found these neat decals that go on the back window of your car.

Running with Scissors 




Have a great day - thank goodness my projects are somewhat portable because I am taking Imelda to her bloodwork and doctor appointment this morning. So while we are waiting - I can work on my stuff.


Have a great day.............................



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2 comments:

  1. Elaine, where did you find cricket fabric? and did they have rugby?
    Thanks
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaylee,

    It´s Mom! I was checking that lady´s blog to see how you are doing, but nothing - she hasn´t updated it since Wednesday morning! What is going on??? Are you ok??? Sneak her computer away from her and write something soon!

    We miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete